MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yes I've brought that up several times. *shrug*

:huh: ....where?

You made six posts after I suggested X-Men could be one of the 2023 movies and none of them include that link. You just said you were speculating the X-Men will be taking a long hiatus. 

9 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

“It’ll be a while,” Feige told io9 when asked about bringing the X-Men into the MCU. “It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time.”

"a very long time" does sound like more than four years, but it's vague and things change. as the original io9 article says at the end: 

It’s important to remember, though, that while Feige is saying the X-Men aren’t going to be around for a while, Thanos was first introduced back in 2012, years before his full impact was felt. And when Marvel and Sony made a deal for Spider-Man, the entire course of Captain America: Civil War changed very quickly, at least in filmmaking terms. Marvel has been known to make wild pivots and long, downfield teases. So it’s entirely possible Feige is being honest, or that whatever is planned, it’s simply too big of a surprise to acknowledge just yet.

We’ll get our first answers about all of this during Avengers: Endgame, which opens April 26.

It probably makes more sense that that last slot is for Blade, but I still think it's very possible we'll see the X-Men before 2024. And I can't seem them waiting much longer than 2024 to reintroduce them.

It's always a nice time to surprise people with some X sooner than announced.   But then you're trapped into doing all the rest of the Xmen storytelling for years, and it's rarely a good time for that.   Lots of this other material deserves a chance to breathe on its own without having to be part of an X world.

Maybe a glimpse of mutants in Madness, but it goes back in the vault for a while after that?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's something.  Uncharted influenced that falling through debris stunt, and part of the trailer was Jason Bourne:  Crossdresser.    It seems to bang, though.   Russian humor.   Red sparrow 2.    Whatnot.   Red hair flipping around.    Secrets, but not secret invasion.    Want to spy it.

That's a surprise. I keep thinking it's in development but it's clearly really happening now there's a trailer.

Have they said when it's set? Just vonderring vy black widow might be the only von without the OTT russian accent? MCU russian spy program must be really shoddy when none of them are trained to be fluent in English and able to do several accents - seems kind of a basic requirement for a spy. Maybe I'm just spoiled by "the americans".

The trailer does have me very optimistic. This looks more jason bourne than MCU and given winter soldier film is one of my favourite I'm more than happy they are leaning more into the super spy genre. It also really helps that this is going to be self contained and not relying on cameos. Although nick fury and hawkeye wouldn't feel stuck on in this film.

Hopefully this phase is sticking to the idea of being more insular besides intertwining with specific tv shows

47 minutes ago, red snow said:

Have they said when it's set?

I don't know that they've officially confirmed it, but it's supposed to pick up right near the end of Civil War after Tony tells her to run. He's even supposed to have a cameo via some unused Civil War footage. 

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

An hour later and I already see people on other sites complaining about forced feminist agendas and SJW propaganda. Kill me now.

What with the Wonder Woman and a second Birds of Prey trailer due this week, it's gonna be a bad few days for pop culture Meninists. Especially if the Bond trailer tomorrow leads with that much talked about scene of 007 being a woman.

Archived