MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

6 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

The answer to both is stupidity. And misogyny.

and meth don't forget meth. 

Plus the ability for anyone to broadcast their opinions live with no active moderation.  Often to children. 

11 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

An hour later and I already see people on other sites complaining about forced feminist agendas and SJW propaganda. Kill me now.

There is definitely a bit of that happening (the delightful failure of Charlies Angels is glorious) , but I don't think this movie is guilty of it, and funnily enough I don't think Captain Marvel had so many problems in that direction, so far this movie seems pretty good. 

12 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

An hour later and I already see people on other sites complaining about forced feminist agendas and SJW propaganda. Kill me now.

Nostalgia must be the only reason these people can watch A New Hope.

You know, when within minutes of being rescued, an ungrateful Leia has slagged Luke’s height, told them their (lack of) escape plan sucks, takes command, insults Chewie, and implies the Falcon is a piece of shit.

10 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Nostalgia must be the only reason these people can watch A New Hope.

You know, when within minutes of being rescued, an ungrateful Leia has slagged Luke’s height, told them their (lack of) escape plan sucks, takes command, insults Chewie, and implies the Falcon is a piece of shit.

And yet oddly almost nobody complains about Leia.. or Ripley or Sarah Connor.. odd that.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

To be fair George did like to get fucked up. 

FWIW I hated the trailer. I thought it looked absurd. 

The first ten seconds where they were using old footage had me thinking "it's another fan made trailer". Either they are getting good at imitating or the trailers are becoming formulaic. It's not a good way to get people to watch beyond the first 10s though. Maybe I've just been burned by too many fake trailers.

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

There is definitely a bit of that happening (the delightful failure of Charlies Angels is glorious) , but I don't think this movie is guilty of it, and funnily enough I don't think Captain Marvel had so many problems in that direction, so far this movie seems pretty good. 

I see no problem with this movie besides the fact that BW is already dead. It kind seems meh to make a movie that has no meaning for the future or is a forced way to introduce her sister. I would have prefered if it was launched before endgame. 

In regards to cap Marvel I think the problem was more about how arrogant the character was than anything else... 

I Don t think the BW can be compared with movies like the last terminator, birds of prey or even the batwoman series... 

21 hours ago, RumHam said:

Plus the ability for anyone to broadcast their opinions live with no active moderation.  Often to children. 

Not to worry, no one cares about the lady parts in Black Widow now that Bond has BLACK :o lady parts in it.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:16 AM, RumHam said:

On 12/4/2019 at 6:33 AM, Darth Richard II said:

Oh yeah you gotta have meth.

I don't think any of these people are interesting enough to touch hard drugs. To buy drugs you actually have to leave your house, and that might lead to a dangerous sense of perspective.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:10 AM, red snow said:

The first ten seconds where they were using old footage had me thinking "it's another fan made trailer". 

Yes.   Come spend your sadness dollar to memorialize the dead red.  Remember her from past hits such as....     

If that's what they lead with as the #1 draw, not the best omen.  Openly playing to how people are trapped into seeing all these films so they don't lose track of what's happening in the next one.   And then the new footage of Russia Man was like, "What?" and wandering through a dark house before more Gamora/sister fighting had me asking "Really?  This is what they're going with?"    It did have a bit of a problem convincing me they had content worth seeing.  (The theft of imagery from other recent films and games).   

So soon after Red Sparrow.... even though wacky wild stuff happened in Sparrow that was a tad interesting , a chunk of the audience will hesitate to see this apparent "sequel" if they remember feeling foolish after paying for Jennifer Lawrence's russian act.  Tata's de J-La.   It seems copycat to now show the same spy training room flashback scenes of callous displays.   

So them's the film's challenges /  early perception problems.   Also people will notice the new villains aren't Thanos, so that's an inevitable drop in evil- ness- ity.

The depth and impact of Winter Soldier will be tough to repeat and this one may not have gotten cleared to change the MCU that much.  More of a stand alone, a crisis averted (in the past) type thing.   But at the same time I hope they attach the widow synchronized dance routine to something more meaningful politically and intrigue-wise.  Because that's the best way to turn perception around:  show a shallow trailer & hide how deep the movie goes until peeps are watching it in the theater.

Unless BW is an objective PoS I'll go see it because Scarlett Johannsen deserved a solo flick and I intend to honour that. But in terms of timing it is pretty much a redundant chapter in the MCU saga, albeit a nice send off for her.

And of course, multiverses, time travel all that, as Star Wars says "no one is ever really gone."

• 1 month later...

Archived