MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Falcon and Winter Soldier comes out in August.

Kurt Russell's son Wyatt Russell is playing the new Captain America John Walker.

I was gonna comment on Kurt Russell naming his son Wyatt, but he was born before Tombstone. 

I know almost nothing about the plot line here or anything outside of a quick google about the Super-Patriot.. but I'm assuming he will be a rival to Captain America (who is now the Falcon?!)

Just now, Heartofice said:

I know almost nothing about the plot line here or anything outside of a quick google about the Super-Patriot.. but I'm assuming he will be a rival to Captain America (who is now the Falcon?!)

Yeah, apparently the government isn't respecting Roger's wishes about who should succeed him. I'm assuming by the end of the show Falcon will be Captain America. 

He's alright, he hasn't really stood out to me thus far but it'll be interesting to see how he works as a co-lead. I did like his dynamic with Bucky in Civil War but that could be totally upended now. 

21 minutes ago, RumHam said:

He's alright, he hasn't really stood out to me thus far but it'll be interesting to see how he works as a co-lead. I did like his dynamic with Bucky in Civil War but that could be totally upended now. 

Yeah their back and forth was one of the main character highlights of Civil War.  Hope they keep that dynamic.

I mean I’d get why Steve Rogers would pass the baton over to his mate the Falcon,  but seen as how he doesn’t have any sort of super power outside of wearing some fancy wings it’ll be interesting to see where it goes. That could be the crux of the story, about whether he really is worthy of the role.

Bucky would have been the obvious choice, outside of his psychopathicly murderous past 

On 1/27/2020 at 12:09 AM, Heartofice said:

I mean I’d get why Steve Rogers would pass the baton over to his mate the Falcon,  but seen as how he doesn’t have any sort of super power outside of wearing some fancy wings it’ll be interesting to see where it goes. That could be the crux of the story, about whether he really is worthy of the role.

Bucky would have been the obvious choice, outside of his psychopathicly murderous past 

Falcon is a boy scout like Steve Rogers, a do-gooder.  When Steve first meets him he is helping vets reintegrate into society.  So Falcon has the same creed as Steve, as he actually says , "I do what he does, only slower."  So it makes sense that Steve would want him to take up the Captain America mantle.

Bucky definitely has the physical gifts to take on the role, but would probably do things quite a bit differently.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, Maithanet said:

Cap's shield is a pretty shit weapon if you don't have any superpowers though.  Although I suppose it was fairly ridiculous when Cap had it too, so this is only a little worse.

Yeah, I guess it is ridiculous when you consider that it's just a disk of metal and not magical like Thor's hammer (RIP). I, for one, could never get a frisbee to bounce off two or three things and come back to me like a boomerang.

WandaVision's problem is they are two of the more overpowered yet boring characters in the MCU. I do appreciate just what a weird idea for a show this is though. 

Other MCU trailer takeaway- glad to see David Harbour getting another beefy superhero gig. Can we get him into the DCU also? Like as Killer Croc or something? 

9 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Oh no.  The wanda bits look to be employing the time wasting method from Legion.   

That is EXACTLY what it reminded me of. I don't know how much of my energy I can spend watching stuff like that. Right now it's hard to see how WandaVision will pan out, or what it even is. Will it have some long story arc across the whole thing, is she trapped in some virtual nightmare or something, trying to keep a version of Vision alive somehow. I have no idea, but it doesn't sound all that compelling in my head.

Falcon did look a lot more interesting, still not sure what use that shield is if you are only human strength'd. If you block a Hulk punch you are gonna get squished, doesn't matter what shield you have if you are just some dude.

50 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

That is EXACTLY what it reminded me of. I don't know how much of my energy I can spend watching stuff like that. Right now it's hard to see how WandaVision will pan out, or what it even is. Will it have some long story arc across the whole thing, is she trapped in some virtual nightmare or something, trying to keep a version of Vision alive somehow. I have no idea, but it doesn't sound all that compelling in my head.

Falcon did look a lot more interesting, still not sure what use that shield is if you are only human strength'd. If you block a Hulk punch you are gonna get squished, doesn't matter what shield you have if you are just some dude.

Eh... wasn't the shield Vibranium and therefore had super science powers or some such to absorb and redirect force somehow?

Archived