MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

I was sure Agents of Shield used the temptress, but no it was Loreli the younger sister of the enchantress. Also I hope to see Sif in Thor 4. The actress said she was willing to return. It'd be super weird if she just...disappeared without explanation. 

Watching Endgame. And during the scene when the the army arrives, there's an alien that, no shit, looks like a male Asari if Asari had males. Just with a slightly parted head thing.

Couple of other crazy aliens in that scene I didn't notice before too. Like Howard the Duck waltzing in with a gun that's nearly as large as he his.

It took me some Internet searching to figure out that all the "good" ships flying through the portals were meant to be the Ravagers. A two second shot of Stallone and his goons would have helped a lot in establishing what all those flying ships were about.

I've had the theory that all Marvel phase 4 films were going to be set in the past (pre-Infinity War at least) but Thor: Love and Thunder puts a wrench in that.   But Eternals, Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange 2, and Black Widow could all be set in the past, and that would be the reason why Phase 4 would be short and different from Phase 5, and why no Black Panther, Captain Marvel, of Guardians sequels are in Phase 4.

That said, I think there is room for a Hulk movie between Infinity War and Endgame to tell the story of how Banner integrated himself with the big guy.  I don't know if the rights issues for solo Hulk films are resolved, but something for Disney+ could be possible, since TV rights are different.   And maybe at the same time introduce She-Hulk.

15 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Not necessarily. So far all we know is that Marvel Studios is no longer producing the Spider-Man films. (But Sony is apparently making at least two more with Watts directing and Holland starring.) Sony could still allow the character to appear in the MCU as it benefits them and doesn't cost them anything. 

47 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

I wouldn't be surprised if fan pressure eventually leads to a new deal. I'm not sure which company would be under more pressure though and would blink first.

I kinda think it'll be Disney though, since they're the ones with the big continuity that Spider-Man is now part of. And meanwhile, Venom made so much money that Sony can assume for now at least that they don't need to depend on the MCU-connection to have a hit.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Not necessarily. So far all we know is that Marvel Studios is no longer producing the Spider-Man films. (But Sony is apparently making at least two more with Watts directing and Holland starring.) Sony could still allow the character to appear in the MCU as it benefits them and doesn't cost them anything. 

No one seems to know for sure, and I'm watching social media explode right now.

Also Sony's stock just took a nosedive.

9 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

No one seems to know for sure, and I'm watching social media explode right now.

Also Sony's stock just took a nosedive.

My thinking is that if the reporters at Deadline who broke the story knew Peter Parker was out of the MCU, they would have lead with that. Or at least mentioned it. Obviously frayed relations between Disney and Sony aren't good, but this argument was over Marvel wanting more money from the Spider-Man films since they were the ones actually producing them (with Sony's money.) Letting Spider-Man play in the MCU is another issue and like I said it's good for both sides if he does. 

Since no MCU films that you'd expect to see Spider-Man in have been announced, I'd say they have plenty of time to work out a deal re: the future of Spider-Man in the MCU. People should not be freaking out about this. 

1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

They probably shouldn't, but it's super amusing to watch, I must admit.

I can imagine. I wonder how long till people at Sony start getting death threats and shit. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I'd bet real money they already have.

Probably. Their decision is perfectly understandable too. (not that death threats are ever ok) Why the hell would they wanna split the investment and profits when they can just make the movies themselves with the same cast, same director and probably the same writers? (though the article doesn't mention them.) It sounds like Disney was being a little ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Creative control, I think.

Well isn't that what Marvel just lost despite the movie clearing $1 Billion? I guess Marvel also just lost their 5% (though in the past I'd read that marvel made no money at all off the Spider-Man solo movies, unless you count merchandising.) But the main thing is that Sony now has full creative control. (and thus will put Venom in there, and resume their aborted plans for a Sinister Six thing.)

The "clear a billion or we get it back" thing just doesn't make sense to me if Sony had the right to take over production of the movies at any time. I'm guessing it was just some bullshit that got amplified on the internet and eventually taken for gospel. There are so many shitty sites now that will run a headline and then cite "some guy on reddit so take it with a grain of salt"

Archived