MCUniverse: The Town Hall Meeting of the Post-Blippers *mild spoilers*

Jeor

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Like the power levels of CM. Who did better in a fight with Thanos than Hulk.

Pym particles are the worst example of this. Captain Marvel was de-powered by some Kree brain thing right? Since they turned if off or whatever I think her powers have been fairly consistent, she just is that strong. 

7 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ohhhhh that makes more sense.

Or, I mean, it doesn't make sense, but it makes sense you saying it doesn't make sense!

At the start of infinity war Hulk got his arse handed to him. Captain America did much better when he took on Thanos. 

2 minutes ago, red snow said:

Strong cast in this one. I hope there's plenty of screentime for the Russian team and that they aren't killed off early. 

I think the family stuff looks great, what doesn’t looks great is all the flying around landing on things and the general level of VFX. I was hoping this was an opportunity to continue the Winter Soldier spy movie vibe but I get the sense it will mostly try and do big blockbuster CGI action like most of the recent marvel movies.

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I think the family stuff looks great, what doesn’t looks great is all the flying around landing on things and the general level of VFX. I was hoping this was an opportunity to continue the Winter Soldier spy movie vibe but I get the sense it will mostly try and do big blockbuster CGI action like most of the recent marvel movies.

It's maybe a scene from the last act as that's often where the CGI kicks in. On the brightside there are no signs of cgi hordes for her to fight. 

I'm wondering if taskmaster is the real villain? My money is on one of team russia playing black widow for a "mwa hah ha" reveal at the end. 

I also hope david harbour's character won't just be played for laughs as seen in an earlier trailer.

The TV show teasers were interesting too. Wandavision looks the most appealing to me just on the grounds of appearing unique as a marvel production. I was a little let down by how far away these projects are though. Some are 2021 whereas i thought we'd get them all this year. I guess it's mainly a subscription ploy but there may be continuity elements with the films now that the tv shows are genuinely linked

8 hours ago, red snow said:

It's maybe a scene from the last act as that's often where the CGI kicks in. On the brightside there are no signs of cgi hordes for her to fight. 

I'm wondering if taskmaster is the real villain? My money is on one of team russia playing black widow for a "mwa hah ha" reveal at the end. 

I also hope david harbour's character won't just be played for laughs as seen in an earlier trailer.

The TV show teasers were interesting too. Wandavision looks the most appealing to me just on the grounds of appearing unique as a marvel production. I was a little let down by how far away these projects are though. Some are 2021 whereas i thought we'd get them all this year. I guess it's mainly a subscription ploy but there may be continuity elements with the films now that the tv shows are genuinely linked

They did move Wandavision up to 2020, despite it's connections to Dr. Strange 2 which wont be out till may 2021.

The fact that there's no moderate to big name in the Black Widow cast list as Taskmaster or an unknown role strongly suggests it's someone else in the cast under the mask. I can't see them never unmasking him. I bet it's this Mason love interest guy rather than any of the russians. Otherwise we'd have a "hey it's it funny how everytime taskmaster shows up X isn't around?" situation. 

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

They did move Wandavision up to 2020, despite it's connections to Dr. Strange 2 which wont be out till may 2021.

The fact that there's no moderate to big name in the Black Widow cast list as Taskmaster or an unknown role strongly suggests it's someone else in the cast under the mask. I can't see them never unmasking him. I bet it's this Mason love interest guy rather than any of the russians. Otherwise we'd have a "hey it's it funny how everytime taskmaster shows up X isn't around?" situation. 

I guess loki could also connect to dr strange 2 as it's an alt timeline Loki the show is focusing on. I guess i can understand why the director has left as he may feel like his hands were being tied by the strong tv show connections. The dr strange movie was quite insulated from the other MCU films at the time. The sequel still sounds a lot of fun though.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone in the team being behind taskmaster rather thsn being taskmaster eg rachel weisz is actually the villain (although that would be a bit similar to cap marvel).

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

edit: I didn't even think I hit the button twice. Anyway wikipedia straight up says 

Hide contents

The

guy playing Mason is playing Taskmaster. No source though. 

Ah well, that works too. Some good speculation there.

Sam Raimi in talks to join Dr. Strange 2.

Very interesting. Raimi likes to work off his own scripts or his own collaborators, but with production due to start in May there's no time to do that so he'll be using the script already in place, and Derrickson will still have oversight as a producer. Given that Raimi walked from WarCraft after learning that Blizzard would have final script approval, I'm surprised to see him thinking of joining such a collaborative environment.

• 1 month later...

Archived