The Boys (Amazon)

AncalagonTheBlack

If Edgar is a nazi -- well, I really don't like that.  We've enough of using African Americans as speakers for evil that actually oppresses African Americans and people of color.  Like the Glorious Lost Cause constantly trotting out photos of confed army officers' body slaves to prove slaves were in favor of the CSA not the Union, and all like that.  I am really hoping The Boys producers are cooler than that kind of 'edgy.'  Feh.  I spit.  Just as I'm not cool with that have our cake and eat it too feminism of those lingering ass and cleavage shots of Starlight.

Worst case I still think would be more than him being a Nazi, that scenario I'm picturing is more along the lines of him being a completely corporatist and accepting the nature of his company.

But I also hope he's not actually ok with that side of the company and is planning his own coup. I just don't know what to make of SF being his own appointment and clearly being used by Vought to manipulate HL. The basic assumption would be that comes from a hidden level above him, but he certainly seemed very comfortable with the situation whenever we see him. He is very confident as well though so it could just be that.

It seems to me that Edgar is just just a replacement character for James Stillwell, who doesn't exist in the show for some daft reason. We did get Madelyn Stillwell, but we all know what happened to her at the end of season 1. Honestly Edgar's arc in season 2, is very closely following James Stillwell's in the comics.

Why do you guys assume that Vaught are Nazis, just because their founder was one? Porsche, Volkswagen, and several other companies are founded by Nazis, do you think they are secretly espousing Nazism today?

I see them as just another sleazy, ruthless, infinitely greedy, power hungry multinational company, and supes as just a by product.

Two reasons: 1st and most importantly they just put a murdering Nazi into the Seven, 2nd there was just something in the way Edgar filled Homelander in on the history of the company that gave the impression that association is still there. The 2nd is less solid to be fair and they could move in a different direction but its not an unreasonable interpretation of what they've shown us.

13 hours ago, karaddin said:

But I also hope he's not actually ok with that side of the company and is planning his own coup

I dunno, considering how the real world is working these days, the real world the producers seem trying hard to show us within this context.  Shoggothinchief in Minnesota went full out nazi the other day, not even 'dog whistles,' spewing and howling about good genes and other associated nazi bs.

Well, episode 6 was Boys episode. A lot of good revelations.

Spoiler

I hadn't heard about Shawn Ashmore being cast as Lamplighter. I don't know if it was announced or if it was a surprise casting.

How does Kimiko seem to understand English well, but all she can write is boy-girl?

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Well, episode 6 was Boys episode. A lot of good revelations.

Hide contents

I hadn't heard about Shawn Ashmore being cast as Lamplighter. I don't know if it was announced or if it was a surprise casting.

How does Kimiko seem to understand English well, but all she can write is boy-girl?

She probably learnt it only as a spoken language, partially from English language media as a kid, possibly bolstered by the Shining Light group, but clearly hadn't been taught the alphabet - she was doing letters before she wrote boy-girl - so can't have been taught to read/write.

ETA: 

Spoiler

I hope that ends any doubts on whether Vought the company is a Nazi entity. Their research project which is hidden from the Seven but directly overseen (with Edgar's knowledge) by Stormfront is intended to create a literal army of Supe-Nazis. We can argue that Edgar is intended a coup to prevent that from happening, but I don't see how the company itself could just have a Nazi history with nothing in the present at this point. For all we know at this point she's the one in charge of it now.

Probably watching the episode tonight. Whatever the case, one major gripe I have recently discovered is that the show doesn't feature Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It for the BoyS " in any of its episodes :crying: They need to fix that ASAP.

EDIT: S-added by the Velt

That was a great episode. The Boys were interesting the whole time, lots of wild supe action, and even The Deep’s scenes didn’t fully suck. 

Spoiler

Although not too keen on A-Train potentially joining this scientology shit now. Does anyone care if one or both of them get back into the 7? 

18 hours ago, karaddin said:

Hide contents

I hope that ends any doubts on whether Vought the company is a Nazi entity. Their research project which is hidden from the Seven but directly overseen (with Edgar's knowledge) by Stormfront is intended to create a literal army of Supe-Nazis. We can argue that Edgar is intended a coup to prevent that from happening, but I don't see how the company itself could just have a Nazi history with nothing in the present at this point. For all we know at this point she's the one in charge of it now.

Spoiler

Raynor's comments about there being a coup from the inside make me think that Stormfront is trying to take over Vought, especially considering the big revelation now that she was married to Frederick Vought. Vought under Edgar is a mega globalist corporation, happy to enrich itself off everyone, while Stormfront is all about the master race bullshit, and causing racial genocide.

Edit: I've briefly revisited the episode, and realized that the emails Starlight found which led them to the facility were between SF and Edgar, so I guess I'm not sure how Edgar wouldn't be involved.

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

When they say that new episodes are released Fridays, they mean Thursday evening in the US. Presumably, the episodes are released at the same time globally.

Do you mean by "evening" or do you mean at midnight or after no matter which US time zone one is in, or in Europe or what?  If midnight or later, what I was wondering how it happens the time is available, when one has to get up for work and etc. in the morning?  I mean, I guess, when do you sleep then?  Perhaps this question is naive, i.e. don't have to get up in the morning!

Anyhow, here's an interview with Aya Cash, for those who might be interested in how it feels to play a nazi.

https://www.vulture.com/article/the-boys-aya-cash-stormfront-season-2-interview.html#_ga=2.224225115.1148203363.1601062307-589652996.1601062307

36 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Do you mean by "evening" or do you mean at midnight or after no matter which US time zone one is in, or in Europe or what?  If midnight or later, what I was wondering how it happens the time is available, when one has to get up for work and etc. in the morning?  I mean, I guess, when do you sleep then?  Perhaps this question is naive, i.e. don't have to get up in the morning!

I've noticed episodes become available at 7 pm CST on Thursday where I live.

Archived