The Boys (Amazon)

AncalagonTheBlack

40 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

One thing about the penultimate episode that doesn't make sense to me

Hide contents

Why did Neumann pop shockwave instead of Maeve or Homelander? If she was in league with the Church, that made sense since he was in the way of A-train rejoining the Seven. However, now that we have learned that she isn't, why would she have taken out Shockwave?

What makes you say she wasn't in league with the Church? I'd say she was, initially, given the conversation she has with Adana. I think we can assume they'd made a deal: she would get rid of Shockwave in exchange for information. Of course, Adana assumed she was doing it to have some dirt on Vought, but in reality she was working for Edgar and blew up Adana once he told her exactly what kind of information he had.

Of course that leaves a lot of unanswered questions, but that's what season 3 will be about...

15 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Hide contents

I think it lends credence to the assumption she works for or with Edgar. So 2 possibilities then:

1) Edgar may have wanted A-Train back, too. A-Train's firing was really Homelander's doing. A-Train probably is still a bigger a cash cow than Shockwave.

2) Edgar said pick a supe, but not one of the Seven, as Shockwave hadn't been announced yet.

And we don't know if she could kill Homelander with her powers. 

Spoiler

At the time, bringing back A-Train wasn't really an option, as Stormfront was still alive and well and she was the one blocking A-Train from getting back into the Seven.  If anything, killing Shockwave would have paved the way for Deep to get back in at that point in time.  It wasn't until the next episode that Stormfront was exposed as a Nazi and A-Train was again welcome in the Seven at the expense of Deep.  Granted, maybe it was Edgar who told A-Train to listen to the conversation between him and the leader of the church that inspired him to find the intel on Stormfront and give it to Hughie and Starlight, but we can't be sure about that at this point.

I agree that we have no idea if she could even kill Homelander.  As far as we've seen, he appears to be totally invulnerable.  Of course, we were led to assume the same about Stormfront and she was able to have her eye gouged out and then Homelander Jr. destroyed her with his laser eyes, so who really knows?  They've been a bit cagey with all of the powers of the supes in the show.

14 hours ago, karaddin said:

That's why pencils have erasers :rofl:

Yeah goddam I was just warming to the guy, but that's just.. indifferent. Brilliant marketing.

11 hours ago, Veltigar said:

One thing about the penultimate episode that doesn't make sense to me

Reveal hidden contents

Why did Neumann pop shockwave instead of Maeve or Homelander? If she was in league with the Church, that made sense since he was in the way of A-train rejoining the Seven. However, now that we have learned that she isn't, why would she have taken out Shockwave?

I think one supe had to be sacrificed for optics. Last in first out. Turns out he couldn't out run it.

Neuman working with Edgar & Vought makes the most sense. If she didn't get her powers after Homelander released Compound V to the outside world then it had to be with Vought's knowledge. And now that the FDA is aware of Compound V, Vought needs pieces on the political board, as any pharmaceutical company worth their shares would do.

Giancarlo Esposito's Edgar is calm & collected. The way he moves and presents himself, his good tastes (Fresca? No, thank you. Awful stuff), I'm almost convinced he's responsible for Black Noir's mannerisms. Hope we get some backstory next season. Anyway I'd like to see him next with a sword in hand, maybe a dark sword.

The brief glimpses of his actual feelings when talking to Butcher about Stormfront were great. Just enough to make it clear he's not cold and unemotional, he's pissed about it but is suppressing that anger. And then he reasserts his control and snaps back to corporate leader.

Have to say looking back at this season it’s hard to know how I feel about it.

There were so many great moments contained within it, lots of bits that were genuinely enjoyable. Butchers storyline was great and loved his family moments and his arc. I can think of a ton of brilliant moments, so much happened.

But maybe too much happened. I can’t say I ever got that caught up in the plot or really wanted to jump to the next episode. Most of the revelations were not all that relevatory and in a lot of ways the status quo has been maintained with not that much moving forward from where we started.

Add in some really too on the nose political commentary and I felt a little let down overall. 

Im hoping for more next year

Archived