Teng Ai Hui

Comics Phase Fourteen

4 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

After reading the first issue of Excalibur, I will now refer to Apocalypse as "The Artist Formerly Known As Apocalypse".

He really should form a band. 

I didn't notice any name changes in "new mutants" or "X-Force". EDIT: no goldballs is now egg. What gives? I'd have thought Rahne would have wanted a name change along the lines of "Maisie Williams" (the artist clearly knows there's a probably never to be released new mutants film) or "wolfsembrace". 

Speaking of Rahne, it was good they acknowledged her recent death as it's probably the closest we've got to an acknowledgement the events pre Hoxpox happened. Still seems crappy of Xavier to let all the mutants die over the last few years and not bring back when he seemed to have all the mutants necessary for his resurrection factories. Unless goldballs/egg didn't realize what his powers were until very recently (and Moira didn't know). I'm still a bit unsure about krakoa too - did the island only recently resurface? Probably all things that come from not having read x-men for a few years and not really things that get in the way of the story.

Got my hands on Legion of Superheroes #1...and I'm not sold in the Bendis style of writing on this book.  I'm a huge Legion partisan, and it's relaunch is another reason I'm back in the comic shop more than once in a blue moon these days, but the first issue wasn't all I hoped for. I'll stick with it for now though...

Haven't read it, but Bendis strikes me as the absolutely wrong writer for a LOSH book. The right one is Hickman, ironically enough.

Speaking of him, X-men #2, A.K.A. the Dad issue, could have been very good, but the art is just awful. And there's 4 more (all late) issues of Yu to go...

Drinking game. Take a shot every time the Summers clan remind you they are family.

"Son", "father", "kids", "kiddo". Doesn't matter, just make sure you have an ambulance on standby.

56 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Drinking game. Take a shot every time the Summers clan remind you they are family.

"Son", "father", "kids", "kiddo". Doesn't matter, just make sure you have an ambulance on standby.

What happens when one of them decides they want to be referred to as "dad" rather than "father" though?

1 hour ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Haven't read it, but Bendis strikes me as the absolutely wrong writer for a LOSH book. The right one is Hickman, ironically enough.

Speaking of him, X-men #2, A.K.A. the Dad issue, could have been very good, but the art is just awful. And there's 4 more (all late) issues of Yu to go...

Wasn't there a fairly solid rumour that Hickman was going to develop LOSH for DC a few years back? It's easy to see how X-men could easily have used his "unused" legion ideas. From the LOSH lead in it looked like there were quite a few similarities with HOXPOX. Not the first time marvel and DC have had very similar stories at same time

3 minutes ago, red snow said:

What happens when one of them decides they want to be referred to as "dad" rather than "father" though?

You take a double shot.

30 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

You take a double shot.

I best get a bottle before reading tomorrow

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Wasn't there a fairly solid rumour that Hickman was going to develop LOSH for DC a few years back? It's easy to see how X-men could easily have used his "unused" legion ideas. From the LOSH lead in it looked like there were quite a few similarities with HOXPOX. Not the first time marvel and DC have had very similar stories at same time

Hickman said he grew on X-men and LOSH as his main books. And the rumor was before Bendis went to DC.