Sign in to follow this  
Teng Ai Hui

Comics Phase Fourteen

I'm currently working my way through the entirety of Ms. Marvel because she's such an enjoyable character (and I'm playing Marvel's Avengers).

I just finished the Civil War tie-in.

Edited by C.T. Phipps

2 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

I'm currently working my way through the entirety of Ms. Marvel because she's such an enjoyable character (and I'm playing Marvel's Avengers).

I just finished the Civil War tie-in.

I just picked up the first HC volume of the Khamala Khan Ms Marvel. Collects the first couple trades I believe. Been meaning to give this a try for quite a while now, and I found it dirt cheap at an Ollie’s (great deals on comics there btw). Will try to get to it soon. 

I have now read...

Death of Wolverine

Hunt for Wolverine

Return of Wolverine

Issues of Wolverine up to X of Swords, which I am saving until I catch some other titles up.

The first (Rebirth)Detective Comics trade...written by Tynion...called Rise of the Batmen.

I am now reading the second DC trade...The Victim Syndicate.

All were/are good and enjoyed.  Particularly good villains with good creepy vibes.  I hope to see more of them.  I will likely never be current again, though.

Read the two Old Guard trades. Good stuff though stuff happens *fast* in the second trade with people seeming to make split second decisions that has a whiff of unrealism.

OTOH, when you are an immortal among immortals, it is hard to say what their mental state would be in such circumstances.

I dunno if anybody here has read or heard about Abraham Reisman's bio of Stan Lee  True Believer but if anyone has and is feeling disillusioned here's Roy Thomas's pushback.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/roy-thomas-former-marvel-editor-pushes-back-on-new-stan-lee-biography-guest-column

19 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Getting through Immortal Hulk.  It really is outstandingly good.

It hit a bit of lull for a while but overall a great run. 

The newest X-men is really, really good. I thought Hickman lost his touch, but what he did with Laura, Synch, Darwin and the Children of the Vault was fascinating.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:06 PM, Red Tiger said:

The newest X-men is really, really good. I thought Hickman lost his touch, but what he did with Laura, Synch, Darwin and the Children of the Vault was fascinating.

Yes, this was the best issue since The Crucible.

This was news I never expected to see: Matt Wagner's Grendel to be adapted by Netflix, in an 8 episode order. I don't expect they will delve into the various iterations of Grendel, but Hunter Rose should provide story enough.