US Politics: Culture Club

Kalbear

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

Why tf is Bennett even out there?  He looks like a random douchbag country club friend  from Curb Your Enthusiasm

He's from Colorado, and he looks like Cory Gardner. I bet that's how Gardner got elected to the Senate--we (in Colorado) were really fuckin' confused.

Biden draws criticism for pre-debate quip to Harris

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/31/biden-calls-harris-kid-1442874

Joe Biden drew a quick online rebuke Wednesday night for an onstage interaction with Kamala Harris before the second Democratic debate in Detroit even began.

As the moderators of CNN’s forum started introducing the candidates, the California senator walked out from the wings to face the audience and meet the former vice president at center stage. Biden’s first words to Harris were: “Go easy on me, kid.”

16 minutes ago, Bonnot OG said:

Alt right wingers / white supremacists / nazis like Richard Spencer & Baked Alaska love him.

trust me, he’s terrible if they like him. This is why going by these outdated debates hosted by dipshit media members is a bad way to get a read on these people. They could say all the right things in public, but away from the mainstream cameras they are terrible.

Why do they love him tho? I heard him on Chapo recently, and while I know NOTHING about him outside of that, he didn't seem alt-right at all.

9 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Yang has not called for social safety nets to be slashed. I haven't yet heard his healthcare opinions and would be interested to hear if he is against healthcare expansion. You are confusing libertarian UBI supporters with Yang.

Not that this matters. He is not going to win, even with the support of the Yang Gang.

Honestly, no matter how you feel about the Chapo podcast, the recent interview with Yang gives a lot of good info on how he feels about things. One thing that was mystifying to me was how you could get UBI (around a 1000) bucks, but you couldn't add that to unemployment or disability. I couldn't fathom why you couldn't have both

Just now, Simon Steele said:

Why do they love him tho? I heard him on Chapo recently, and while I know NOTHING about him outside of that, he didn't seem alt-right at all.

because they like the idea of $1000/mo in cash, cutting social services, and pro silicon valley tech ‘solutions’, and probably no small amount of extremely online irony

7 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Honestly, no matter how you feel about the Chapo podcast, the recent interview with Yang gives a lot of good info on how he feels about things. One thing that was mystifying to me was how you could get UBI (around a 1000) bucks, but you couldn't add that to unemployment or disability. I couldn't fathom why you couldn't have both

yeah i think virgil did a good job of pressing him on a lot of that without just utter dunking. 

2 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

yeah i think virgil did a good job of pressing him on a lot of that without just utter dunking. 

I think the big takeaway I took from that interview was the idea that we do it to avoid a worker uprising against the ruling class. Obviously I'd rather it never get to that point, but the idea of a UBI as a means to keep workers docile and undermining the class struggle is wretched.

Just now, GrimTuesday said:

I think the big takeaway I took from that interview was the idea that we do it to avoid a worker uprising against the ruling class. Obviously I'd rather it never get to that point, but the idea of a UBI as a means to keep workers docile and undermining the class struggle is wretched.

oh yeah, absolutely. it’s a flat out bribe to stop people from gaining class conscieness 

Just now, Bonnot OG said:

Someone shouldve asked Yang about something like nuclear first strikes just to see how he could make it about UBI.

here's $1000, build a nuclear plant.

Gonna pay the Ayatolla $1000 to protect his job from being automated.

Archived