US Politics: Culture Club

Kalbear

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

Castro was fucking awesome on the impeachment question.  Not that I'm even 100% sure which is the right call on that move.  It just seemed like an answer where a debate coach would weep with tears over how well it was delivered.  And uttering Moscow Mitch at the end!

How wonderful is it that being called Moscow Mitch really upsets Moscow Mitch?  I hope that all of you will say it or write it with every opportunity.  

Drinkin' a Mulescow Mitch right meow

25 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I think the big takeaway I took from that interview was the idea that we do it to avoid a worker uprising against the ruling class. Obviously I'd rather it never get to that point, but the idea of a UBI as a means to keep workers docile and undermining the class struggle is wretched.

That's okay, we can keep just giving them 0 per month and cutting taxes for the wealthy. If we do it enough times, the economy will take off, for certain to the Jeb Bush levels promised.

9 minutes ago, Triskele said:

@Bonnot OG

On a separate topic, and apologies if this has already been discussed, but how about this issue of Trump naming Antifa a terrorist group?

i mean, what’s to discuss? it’s an obvious and overt attempt to chill and clamp down on dissent in general, while providing cover for far right violence with “whataboutism”

eta: the whole thing is unsurprising and not too much to add to discourse aside from practical discussion on updating tactics and opsec concerns

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Castro was fucking awesome on the impeachment question.  Not that I'm even 100% sure which is the right call on that move.  It just seemed like an answer where a debate coach would weep with tears over how well it was delivered.  And uttering Moscow Mitch at the end!

How wonderful is it that being called Moscow Mitch really upsets Moscow Mitch?  I hope that all of you will say it or write it with every opportunity.  

Clearly Moscow Mitch had better be the next thread title.

12 minutes ago, Triskele said:

@Bonnot OG

On a separate topic, and apologies if this has already been discussed, but how about this issue of Trump naming Antifa a terrorist group?

Yea, that’s a great way to stomp out dissent from anyone left of republican.

Look at what happened to people apart of the J20 protests. People just walking by a black bloc that was breaking windows got hit with rioting charges, and anyone that was arrested that also texted someone to meet up for the protests got hit with charges about planning to incite a riot as well. 

So even libs just being peaceful standing at a protest could get labeled as an antifascist & get fucked. 

Add that to the fact that the federal death penalty is back in play, you got some scary shit a head of us.

It’s also funny how these daft and ignorant right wing chuds think antifa is an organization lol. It’s a movement / ideology. Just shirt for antifascist action. 

But they’re totally silent about their base sending pipe bombs in the mail to Democrats or media journalists, quiet about the mass shootings by their base etc, but freak out over fist fights with white supremacists & neo nazis, one of which is some self loathing Asian guy from Portland Oregon  that got clocked with a milkshake and punched a few times which was a long time coming giving his rhetoric & way of working.

they freaked all because hes a conservative that calls himself a journalist that works for a media outlet that thinks phrenology is legitimate. 

Great party & administration sticking up for neo nazis & white supremacists & their propagandists who work in such a way they dox people critical of them or are victims of violence from their friends. Then those doxxed people get death threats, rape threats, or put on neo Nazi kill liars & have people actually show up outside of their homes etc.

5 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Pretty sure he also called the TPP the TTP.  Sure, something like that is a slip that anyone can make, but right now it feels like a trend with this stuff, I'm sorry to say.  

Every last one of you mofos better to be ready to enthusiastically support this guy if he's the nominee all the same against the extinction level event that is Trump.

lol you mofos better do everything you can to prevent that from happening

3 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Pretty sure he also called the TPP the TTP.  Sure, something like that is a slip that anyone can make, but right now it feels like a trend with this stuff, I'm sorry to say.  

Every last one of you mofos better to be ready to enthusiastically support this guy if he's the nominee all the same against the extinction level event that is Trump.

I think that the only person I wouldn't support is John Delaney, and that is just because I think he is an uninspiring shitbag, I would just stay home.

I am really happy Inslee is getting some good coverage, he had a great showing, and is probably my number 3 at this point after Bernie and Warren.

Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering, the Buttigieg team swooped in and picked up the website Biden botched.

Just now, Triskele said:

I'm kind of amazed by his persistent polling lead and of course wonder if it's just a name-recognition thing or if people genuinely think he's the best chance to beat Trump.  

Van Jones all but saying that Warren is just the best candidate.  

oh i absolutely believe that; name recognition, obama nostalgia (not that you’d know that from his debates) and basically the fact beating trump is essentially the #1 issue for most lib voters. its a self reinforcing thing, where everyone  is just basically holding their nose because they think everyone else is voting for him. prisoners dilemma shit

3 hours ago, a good and nice guy said:

i mean, what’s to discuss? it’s an obvious and overt attempt to chill and clamp down on dissent in general, while providing cover for far right violence with “whataboutism”

eta: the whole thing is unsurprising and not too much to add to discourse aside from practical discussion on updating tactics and opsec concerns

The right wing organized militias with clear and established hierarchies that destroy government property and explicitly/openly threatening to literally kill politicians and police in response to government policies they don’t like, will never be called out by the right as terrorists- they’re called god-fearing patriots, who have the guts to stand up to big government. Meaning they’re political violence is totes justified. Remember Bundy? The right cooed  all over the guy who was readily threatening to and prepared to kill cops to “defend” the land he was mooching off of. Hell a couple maniacs who stood by him did go out and kill cops later. 

A left-winger Punching and throwing a milkshake on a guy>a right winger threatening to kill/killing people. 

Archived