Kalbear

US Politics: Culture Club

I'm 99% sure Inslee is wearing eyeglass frames with no lenses in the them

Just now, Bonnot OG said:

Someone shouldve asked Yang about something like nuclear first strikes just to see how he could make it about UBI.

here's $1000, build a nuclear plant.

Gonna pay the Ayatolla $1000 to protect his job from being automated.

harris might want to lay off the “i’ve seen people go to prison for far less” tack

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Did the dishes right after Gillibrand took a hatchet to Biden's knees, seems to have bogged down.

I thought Biden weathered that exchange pretty well.  Same with the Hyde amendment one.  Especially in an environment where so many Dems say that someone who can beat Trump is their top priority, I think the purity test won't work all that well.  

Does that old Biden quote sound bad today?  Definitely.  But he did have plenty to say back, and then I thought it didn't work all that well how far KG kept pushing it.  

@Frog Eater

Pretty sure you're wrong.  You can see the reflection of the white line behind the stage on one of the lenses.  Comparable issue to the one about how hot Maryanne is at 67.

Tulsi: uh oh, i was lied to by Bush & did a big fuckie wuckie oopsie woopsie & killed a bunch of brown children overseas! Sorry about that oopsie woopsie, I’m  not culpable!

Castro was fucking awesome on the impeachment question.  Not that I'm even 100% sure which is the right call on that move.  It just seemed like an answer where a debate coach would weep with tears over how well it was delivered.  And uttering Moscow Mitch at the end!

How wonderful is it that being called Moscow Mitch really upsets Moscow Mitch?  I hope that all of you will say it or write it with every opportunity.  

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

Castro was fucking awesome on the impeachment question.  Not that I'm even 100% sure which is the right call on that move.  It just seemed like an answer where a debate coach would weep with tears over how well it was delivered.  And uttering Moscow Mitch at the end!

How wonderful is it that being called Moscow Mitch really upsets Moscow Mitch?  I hope that all of you will say it or write it with every opportunity.  

Drinkin' a Mulescow Mitch right meow

25 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I think the big takeaway I took from that interview was the idea that we do it to avoid a worker uprising against the ruling class. Obviously I'd rather it never get to that point, but the idea of a UBI as a means to keep workers docile and undermining the class struggle is wretched.

That's okay, we can keep just giving them 0 per month and cutting taxes for the wealthy. If we do it enough times, the economy will take off, for certain to the Jeb Bush levels promised.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Triskele said:

@Bonnot OG

On a separate topic, and apologies if this has already been discussed, but how about this issue of Trump naming Antifa a terrorist group?

i mean, what’s to discuss? it’s an obvious and overt attempt to chill and clamp down on dissent in general, while providing cover for far right violence with “whataboutism”

eta: the whole thing is unsurprising and not too much to add to discourse aside from practical discussion on updating tactics and opsec concerns

Edited by a good and nice guy

Just now, a good and nice guy said:

i mean, what’s to discuss? it’s an obvious and overt attempt to chill and clamp down on dissent in general, while providing cover for far right violence with “whataboutism”

But mentioning it comes with the possibility of an amazing Bonnot response.  

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Clearly Moscow Mitch had better be the next thread title.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Triskele said:

@Bonnot OG

On a separate topic, and apologies if this has already been discussed, but how about this issue of Trump naming Antifa a terrorist group?

Yea, that’s a great way to stomp out dissent from anyone left of republican.

Look at what happened to people apart of the J20 protests. People just walking by a black bloc that was breaking windows got hit with rioting charges, and anyone that was arrested that also texted someone to meet up for the protests got hit with charges about planning to incite a riot as well. 

So even libs just being peaceful standing at a protest could get labeled as an antifascist & get fucked. 

Add that to the fact that the federal death penalty is back in play, you got some scary shit a head of us.

It’s also funny how these daft and ignorant right wing chuds think antifa is an organization lol. It’s a movement / ideology. Just shirt for antifascist action. 

But they’re totally silent about their base sending pipe bombs in the mail to Democrats or media journalists, quiet about the mass shootings by their base etc, but freak out over fist fights with white supremacists & neo nazis, one of which is some self loathing Asian guy from Portland Oregon  that got clocked with a milkshake and punched a few times which was a long time coming giving his rhetoric & way of working.

they freaked all because hes a conservative that calls himself a journalist that works for a media outlet that thinks phrenology is legitimate. 

Great party & administration sticking up for neo nazis & white supremacists & their propagandists who work in such a way they dox people critical of them or are victims of violence from their friends. Then those doxxed people get death threats, rape threats, or put on neo Nazi kill liars & have people actually show up outside of their homes etc.

Edited by Bonnot OG

Did Biden just give out a phone number when everyone else was throwing out websites? If not, what the hell is Joe 3030 or whatever?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, a good and nice guy said:

love to go to joe 30330 

He also said "eight more years of Donald Trump will change America..." or something which I don't think was a nod to the fear about a 3rd Trump term.  

ETA:  Already all over the internet WTF Joe 30330 is.  Dang, after what seemed like a pretty good bounce back debate that seems like a covfefe kind of thing that'll be hard for anyone who doesn't seek the vote of Trumpkins to recover from.  

Edited by Triskele