US Politics: Culture Club

Kalbear

Lol, keep selling that bullshit, Frog Eater. Donald "Big Boy Parade" Trump is suddenly a crusader against wasteful government spending. Well, that's actually partially true. Trump, and right wingers in general, think any spending that benefits non-white people is wasteful.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's worth noting that the first time Donald's name appeared in the press was when he and his Klansman father were sued for housing discrimination. It boggles the mind to see people still arguing that he's not an open racist.

As landlords this family, inlaws and otherwise, have deliberate policies that create vermin and all kinds of other terrible conditions in their properties -- a good solid revenue stream that they deliberately see no reason to do any investment in themselves at all, i.e. repairs, sanitation, updates, etc. because poorer people can't just pick up and go elsewhere.

The owners of properties create these conditions, not the people living in them.

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

I feel like I've never seen Bullock before

Same. For some reason, I'd always pictured Jon Tester whenever I thought about what Bullock looked like.

7 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Hey Delany -- What rural hospitals?  They've already been closed for not being profitable enough for the for profit health industry.

Why so many Republicans on the stage at a Democratic debate? I frankly do not care what a rural hospital administrator thinks. I assume he (a white male naturally) wants to cut off healthcare from people with pre-existing conditions who can't pay a maximum amount of dollars.

The framing of these questions is aimed to make the Dems fail -- and aren't dealing with the actual problems.  Whenever a candidate gets to drill even a fraction deeper than the stupid question, s/he gets cut off.  These questions aren't for a 1 minute response, a 15 second response, at all.

Mayor Pete got off a good 'un in terms of guns: I was 11 when Columbine happened.

To silence Warren?  Because he complained volubly about not getting any time last time?

He's an ass, or rather, a scaredy cat ass.  Warren is anything but a scaredy cat.

12 minutes ago, Zorral said:

To silence Warren?  Because he complained volubly about not getting any time last time?

He's an ass, or rather, a scaredy cat ass.  Warren is anything but a scaredy cat.

These moderators really want to shut Warren's mouth, but she persisted.

Archived