Sign in to follow this  
kingoftheamericas

Dreadfort reality?

Eh let's not forget that in the books the Bolton's sigil is a skinless man on a pink field strewn with drops of red blood.

The TV show just added that ugly dark blue because apparently we can't have to many bright colours on screen or otherwise it's not gritty enough or some bullpoop

54 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Eh let's not forget that in the books the Bolton's sigil is a skinless man on a pink field strewn with drops of red blood.

The TV show just added that ugly dark blue because apparently we can't have to many bright colours on screen or otherwise it's not gritty enough or some bullpoop

does he make an "X"?

Red and Pink banners...*insert sexist joke here*  Yeah, I can see why they changed it.

17 minutes ago, kingoftheamericas said:

does he make an "X"?

Red and Pink banners...*insert sexist joke here*  Yeah, I can see why they changed it.

It's never said. Not really seeing anything sexist in the choice of colours, though.

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

It's never said. Not really seeing anything sexist in the choice of colours, though.

Red and Pink don't exactly strike terror in opponents...my initial thoughts admittedly are to female naughty bits.  I know, I have the mind of a teenager most of the time.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:12 PM, kingoftheamericas said:

Red and Pink don't exactly strike terror in opponents...my initial thoughts admittedly are to female naughty bits.  I know, I have the mind of a teenager most of the time.

Red is a very powerful color and the association of pink with femininity is just about a hundred years old.

And think what they represent, they depict a flayed man and his stretched out skin, sprinkled with his blood.

And if we are talking that, then the little pink and red x-shape they used looked a lot closer to a vagina than any of the book-inspired art of the Bolton symbol I've ever seen.

when my thoughts turn to vexillology, such as contemplation of blood red soviet crimson iconography, the first image summoned is always coarsely vulvar.

A study of local and regional flora, textiles, and trading patterns would be helpful to establish availability of dyes and their ability to hold color, and to see whether or not environmental factors support this thesis. 

because traffic in french rose madder dye for the st. patrick saltire is likely to be terminated when the UK divorces the EU, the boltons will not have been able to manufacture flags any longer, which means that far right voters might only continue ritual flaying of opponents ironically.