Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

13 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

^^^^ I’m pretty excited for this one. 

I admittedly wasn’t too big on The Witch (I might give it another watch at some point), but this looks intriguing. It will have two great performances at the very least. I like the Lovecraft vibes too. 

The Irishman looks interesting. I'm happy to see Pesci again. And while I still have reservations about the deageing approach, nothing stood out as particularly bad in tha trailer; seems fine. Aesthetically it actually reminds me of Scorsese's Boardwalk Empire pilot. 

2 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

The Irishman looks interesting. I'm happy to see Pesci again. And while I still have reservations about the deageing approach, nothing stood out as particularly bad in tha trailer; seems fine. Aesthetically it actually reminds me of Scorsese's Boardwalk Empire pilot. 

I thought the same thing about the boardwalk comparison. Super excited 

Hasn't Pesci been like a lounge singer for the past couple decades?  I've never looked it up but I remember my screenwriter friend told me that years ago.

Anyway, as a lifelong Scorsese fan very much looking forward to this - more so than any of his work since...Departed?  Maybe Hugo.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Hasn't Pesci been like a lounge singer for the past couple decades?  I've never looked it up but I remember my screenwriter friend told me that years ago.

Anyway, as a lifelong Scorsese fan very much looking forward to this - more so than any of his work since...Departed?  Maybe Hugo.

Don't know about that, but he did, at one point, release an album:

Is Anna Paquin playing De Niro's wife? It's only 40 years difference! I know he has been de aged but he still looks like hes in his late 50s or 60s, not to mention how awkward it must have been for her. I hope I don't see them kissing.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Maybe this was just a typo, but from this report the budget was around $200 million, not $300.

Not a typo. But I may have misheard or wherever I heard it may have gotten it wrong.

Even at $200 million though, that's an expensive movie. I assume because of the de-aging CGI.

6 hours ago, DMC said:

Pesci retired from acting. It took a lot of convincing from his friend De Niro and Scorsese to make this happen. 

2 hours ago, Fez said:

Not a typo. But I may have misheard or wherever I heard it may have gotten it wrong.

Even at $200 million though, that's an expensive movie. I assume because of the de-aging CGI.

Period films are always pricey. 

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

Pesci retired from acting. It took a lot of convincing from his friend De Niro and Scorsese to make this happen. 

Meh he came back for De Niro for that scene in Good Shepherd.  I don't think it took too much cajoling from those two.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Meh he came back for De Niro for that scene in Good Shepherd.  I don't think it took too much cajoling from those two.

A cameo is a lot different than a 2nd/3rd lead though. Russell Bufalino will have a big part of this movie. I’ve heard it did anyway. Took convincing that is. 

Archived