Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

Wow, thats actually very interesting how much they have changed. The new movie looks almost watchable if you are a child. I can only imagine how much pain the original designers were put under after that trailer went out, and how much work has gone in to making it look.. slightly better.

This came up when I was watching, as a comparison.

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Huh. I had zero idea that this movie existed. It looks like it could be good. Although honestly, I was more excited before the ghost trap reveal. I'd rather a completely new movie that happens to have the ghostbusting premise rather than it being a sequel to the original movie.

Let Paul Rudd and the kids discover the existence of ghosts for the first time and deal with it by busting them.

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

Huh. I had zero idea that this movie existed. It looks like it could be good. Although honestly, I was more excited before the ghost trap reveal. I'd rather a completely new movie that happens to have the ghostbusting premise rather than it being a sequel to the original movie.

Let Paul Rudd and the kids discover the existence of ghosts for the first time and deal with it by busting them.

I like they're honoring Harold Raimis by having the kids be Egon's grandkids.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Trailer didn’t do a whole lot for me,

Yeah me either. The original wasn't a teenage adventure movie, and this trailer had one joke in it. This looks more like they're catering to a post Stranger Things desire to relive that kind of 80s childhood time but doing it with a franchise that was never one of those, even if those same kids loved it. .

Obviously better than the last attempt, but still not blowing me away. I know there was this big attempt to make this connect to the original movies, but does it really need to? Have any kids even seen the originals?

The first movie worked so well because of some brilliant performances, as well as some cool ideas and good effects for the time. Relying on a bunch of kids to take that comedic load probably won’t work. 

Rewatched the Ghostbusters trailer a few times and caught a few things...

In one scene in the house you see books stacked just like in the library in the first movie..."no human being would stack books this way"

In a scene in a shed you see a collection of spores, molds, and fungus.

At one point you see the driving towards "Shanbor Mine" as in Ivo Shanbor? The guy that built Dana Barrett's apartment building? What is this is the mine Shanbor used to get the pke conducting material to build "Spook Central"?

When the kids are in Ecto-1, the one kid in the gunner seat firing a proton stream...you see she is actually shooting at Slimer!

Maybe it's not an coincidence that Slimer has found his way from NYC to this town in the middle of nowhere that Egon's grand kids ended up in? The trap the Paul Rudd holds up, it's crackling with electricity, they only did that when ghosts were in them. So what if Rudd or the kids opens the trap and Slimer flies out? Then they figure they need to "bust" Slimer which is what's going on in that gunner seat scene...only maybe Egon put Slimer in that trap on purpose to relay a message from him to whoever opens it in the future?

Archived