Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

25 minutes ago, Raja said:
I'm kinda hyped for this. Could this be good? I'm gonna pray it is!

It's going to be wild, that's for sure.

It looks like it has potential. But, as always when something looks wild, the question becomes: Is that the actual tone of the movie or just clever trailer editing?

Suicide Squad had some good trailers too, and it was kinda awful. On the other hand, that's a David Ayers speciality and I don't think he has anything to do with this movie.

13 minutes ago, Fez said:

the question becomes: Is that the actual tone of the movie or just clever trailer editing?

Oh yeah, totally. And I didn't watch Suicide Squad but I heard twas terrible.

I haven't seen anything by Cathy Yan ( the director) and nor have I seen anything from Christina Hodson ( the writer) but I'm still cautiously optimistic.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Until Sony and Disney have another pissing contest.

Except Vulture is part of Sony's Spiderverse already, not MCU's except by proxy with Spiderman.  Another split would not impact Vulture's presence or non-presence in Morbius.

Leto in goth mode is one of the most irritating things on the planet. He just seems to get it so wrong.

Other than that, there was nothing noticeable about that trailer.. if there was  no Spider-Man connection I can’t imagine it would be anything other than a straight to DVD kinda movie.

Sergio | Official Trailer | Netflix

Set in the chaotic aftermath of the US invasion of Iraq, the life of top UN diplomat Sergio Vieira de Mello hangs in the balance during the most treacherous mission of his career.

Sergio is an upcoming American biographical drama film, directed by Greg Barker, from a screenplay by Craig Borten. It stars Wagner Moura, Ana de Armas, Garret Dillahunt, Brían F. O'Byrne, Will Dalton, Clemens Schick and Bradley Whitford.

It will have its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 28, 2020. It is scheduled to be released on April 17, 2020, by Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen a single The Fast and the Furious film. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there's 10 of these, counting the spin-off. I know they were praised in the early days for having a lot of good, real stunt work rather than CG fests -- is that still the primary appeal?

9 minutes ago, Ran said:

I know they were praised in the early days for having a lot of good, real stunt work rather than CG fests -- is that still the primary appeal?

It's up and down on that front and always has been, but no, the primary appeal is increasingly that it's gloriously, uncompromisingly silly yet still takes good care of its mythos and canon which, yes, FF has a canon. And also quite frankly being consistently endearing and heartwarming.

10 minutes ago, Ran said:

I have never seen a single The Fast and the Furious film. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there's 10 of these, counting the spin-off. I know they were praised in the early days for having a lot of good, real stunt work rather than CG fests -- is that still the primary appeal?

I was going to say they've sort of become like a cross between James Bond and Voltron.  Now M is in the trailer and I'm wondering when the Black Power Ranger is going to show up?

Just now, polishgenius said:

It's up and down on that front and always has been, but no, the primary appeal is increasingly that it's gloriously, uncompromisingly silly yet still takes good care of its mythos and canon which, yes, FF has a canon. And also quite frankly being consistently endearing and heartwarming.

Sounds like they refined and expanded the formula of buddy action movies from the 80s. Fair enough.

Archived