Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

3 minutes ago, Ran said:

Sounds like they refined and expanded the formula of buddy action movies from the 80s. Fair enough.

It's also one of the few (only?) blockbuster franchise with a legitimately multiracial cast that actually looks representative of America (albeit they all look much, much better than the average American). Which I think has helped keep its appeal going; by being more relatable to audiences.

5 minutes ago, Ran said:

Sounds like they refined and expanded the formula of buddy action movies from the 80s. Fair enough.

Yeah it's basically that combined with the big sillynesses of the most OTT Mission Impossible movies.

It's also kind of notable for being the first (after much scrapping to get there) megaseries to feature a majority PoC ensemble.

5 hours ago, Raja said:

Yes, I am a tokyo drift lover. and proud of it.

Me too to be fair. It's a cracking little film.

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Imagine if Johnny Utah got a 10 movie package.....

But he didn't coz he's just not as cool as Vin Diesel.

Anyway the real glory of the Fast and  Furious series is that it's become immune to shark jumping so it can do whatever the fuck it likes and it's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, but have to say that trailer doesn’t just scream ‘Wes Anderson’, it says Wes Anderson then packs it up into a quaint little box with a purple ribbon and has it delivered to everyone in the world by a quirky postman with a sordid past, riding on a whimsical bicycle

19 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Looks good, but have to say that trailer doesn’t just scream ‘Wes Anderson’, it says Wes Anderson then packs it up into a quaint little box with a purple ribbon and has it delivered to everyone in the world by a quirky postman with a sordid past, riding on a whimsical bicycle

Said about pretty much every Wes Anderson movie ever :D 

Good trailers are an endangered species. This is a great trailer. I had to read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight in high school and it's one of the few mandatory books I enjoyed enough that I haven't completely blocked it out of my mind. Looking forward to this. 

Also good lord Dev Patel is a ludicrously handsome man. 

5 hours ago, Raja said:

Oof - I didn't know it was possible for a trailer to go so hard.

Someone finally put dev patel in a movie I want to watch.

Ah, A24 you never disappoint. Great how that studio in single handedly keeping films interesting.

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It looked okay i guess but i think i am justified in being sceptical about receiving a halfway decent Arthurian production. Somehow film and television manage to mess up what should really be easy stories to adapt

If anyone can it's A24!

On 2/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, Ran said:

What. A. Cast.

Will be seeing this in the theatre.

Yeah, totally agree. His movies are a world of their own. So rare to have that nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Ah, A24 you never disappoint. Great how that studio in single handedly keeping films interesting.

I hope they roll it out properly, I feel like The Last Black Man in San Francisco got almost *no* roll out by a24

As an aside, I feel like Wes Anderson just isn't for me.

Archived