Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

Funny A24 should come up because i just tried watching Uncut Gems and had to give up 20 minutes in. The “backing” track playing loudly over everything miht be a stylistic choic but its incredibly distracting and offputting to me.

17 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Funny A24 should come up because i just tried watching Uncut Gems and had to give up 20 minutes in. The “backing” track playing loudly over everything miht be a stylistic choic but its incredibly distracting and offputting to me.

Ahh, you should give it another shot! I noticed the track at the start but it sorta faded away from me after a bit.

I recall trailers for this in Russian floating around a couple of years ago. It was originally slated for a 2018 release. 

Also, it's a sequel to a Russian film from 2014, one that was loosely based on a horror novella by Gogol.

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Blasphemer!

The Green Knight looks like it could be amazing. Fucking A24 does it again.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Uncut Gems was my favorite movie of last year. 

I loved how chaotic it was. Complete panic attack from start to finish that movie. 

3 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Uncut Gems was my favorite movie of last year. 

I loved how chaotic it was. Complete panic attack from start to finish that movie. 

As i said, it was obviously a stylistic choice and i have tried to watch a bit more since my post. But that “chaotic” feel you got just makes it unwatchable for me. I can’t concentrate on what anyone is saying or what is going on with the plot at all

This is opening wide in the US today, and because of the sort of film it is it probably isn't going to be long in the theatres, so if the trailer at all interests you I highly recommend going to see it. My favorite foreign film of last year, a travesty it didn't get any acknowledgment at the Oscars:

I believe it opens on the 28th in the UK.

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That backing track really quietens down after about 10-20 mins and you don't tend to hear it. I rewatched it recently and found it quite distracting at first. I think it's an intentional choice to unsettle the viewer.

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

This looks excellent btw. I remember there was a Gwain and the Green knight movie from the 70's that I saw when I was younger and it was pretty damn disturbing. This looks to be following that trend!

Stephen Week's first try at Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (with Murray Head -- of "Last Night in Bangkok" and brother-of-Anthony-Stewart-Head fame -- as Gawain) ... which Weeks then re-made ten years later in 1983 as Sword of the Valiant (with Sean Connery as the Green Knight, and Miles O'Keefe as Gawain although Weeks had wanted to cast Mark Hamill until the producers overruled him).

Never quite understood the hows or whys of that, but then I never quite understood the hows and whys of Weeks' career.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

This looks excellent btw. I remember there was a Gwain and the Green knight movie from the 70's that I saw when I was younger and it was pretty damn disturbing. This looks to be following that trend!

I was waiting for the trailer to say "coming to Netflix" it has a b movie feel to it and fits with some of Netflix's output.

Dev Patel is always welcome in a film. Probably means there'll be upset over him playing Gawain but maybe they'll be cool with it as the green knight isn't played by someone who's green so the casting isn't trying to be "accurate".

Still feel like it's one I'll happily watch on Netflix rather than cinema unless May is a very quiet release month.

15 hours ago, Raja said:

I hope they roll it out properly, I feel like The Last Black Man in San Francisco got almost *no* roll out by a24

As an aside, I feel like Wes Anderson just isn't for me.

Which of his films have you seen already? Because his earlier work can be a bit hit or miss I feel :)

And if they don't roll it out properly, you have an excellent excuse to go questing :p 

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hmmm, I didn't know it was an A24 production. I'll put it higher on my watchlist!

14 hours ago, Corvinus said:

@Astromech @Veltigar and anyone else wishing for a new big epic movie.

Here you go

:leaving:

Never in my life have I missed a puking emoticon so hard!

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

Don’t you start talking bad about Rushmore, again! It’s the best, and you are a bad person for ever saying otherwise... :fencing:

:cheers:Oh, you bet I was planning to bash that one :commie:

43 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

:cheers:Oh, you bet I was planning to bash that one :commie:

Rushmore and Royal Tenenbaums are maybe the Wes Anderson movies I really enjoyed. At that point his work seemed fresh and new and kind of exciting. Every time I see a new movie of his that comes out it leaves me cold now. It's like he's gone past self parody into some new more powerfully evolved version of self parody, like a Poke-Parody of Wes Anderson.

Archived