Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

14 hours ago, Ran said:

This is opening wide in the US today, and because of the sort of film it is it probably isn't going to be long in the theatres, so if the trailer at all interests you I highly recommend going to see it. My favorite foreign film of last year, a travesty it didn't get any acknowledgment at the Oscars:

I believe it opens on the 28th in the UK.

This looks fantastic. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Not sure when I'll get to see it but I will see it.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Oooooh.
I hope the gang stuff is more strongly written than the mostly boring grind of Raid 2's non-action but there's promise there and the action will be top fucking notch.

Wooow, looks amazing :D I was wondering what Gareth was doing the other day, but this looks promising :D

This summer, I think, this Sir Gawain film comes out?

I admit, the teaser captions that come up top force me to think of the openings to the Conan flix -- In a time of blahblahblah.  Fortunately the footage looks a lot better than the text!

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

RIP Jóhan Jóhansson.  His first and last directorial effort, if I understand it right, filmed in 16mm and adapting Olaf Stapledon's novel of the same name (loosely adapting, I'm guessing). I know it had some limited runs at festivals and such, but nice to see it getting some sort of wider release.

16 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t he the composer of Sicario and Arrival amongst others.

He was. He was found dead in his apartment in Berlin two years ago. German authorities indicated the toxicology report suggested an accidental cocaine overdose exacerbated by flu medication he was taking at the time.

He also did the scores for Blade Runner 2049 and Mandy, the latter of which I saw just recently and thought the scoring was excellent in its ability to work with the visuals of the film to create an atmosphere full of portent and dread. He was very talented.

Ultras | Official Trailer | Netflix

A story of intergenerational friendship and coming of age, set in the world of ultras culture during the last five weeks of a soccer championship.

The life of Sandro (Aniello Arena), the leader of the Apache ultras group, arrives at a crossroads after he is denied access to his second home: the stadium. The last weeks of the Italian championship are marked by his relationship with Angelo (Ciro Nacca), a young boy looking for a mentor, the wonderful and tough Terry (Antonia Truppo), and by the search for his place in the world. Ultras, the first film by Francesco Lettieri, will be available on Netflix from March 20.

9 hours ago, Ran said:

He also did the scores for Blade Runner 2049

He was slated to do this, but ended up leaving the project and Hans Zimmer is who is credited with the score for Blade Runner 2049.

Not that I disagree with your notion that is work was excellent though.

40 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I'm not familiar with the comic so if it's a bad adaptation fair enough, but taken on its own merits I think that looks interesting. Both storywise and directionwise.

Literally my only complaint about it is VD.  Otherwise it does look really good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 5:37 PM, Veltigar said:

Is Wes Anderson involved?

That looks great. It looks more like a mix of Yorgos Lanthamos's The Favourite (no surprise, given it shares a writer) and I'd actually say Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette to me.

Archived