Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

On 4/2/2020 at 9:40 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Didn't think this was going to get a sequel. It's been a while since I saw it, but are there characters from the original returning?

On 4/2/2020 at 10:15 PM, Ran said:

That looks great. It looks more like a mix of Yorgos Lanthamos's The Favourite (no surprise, given it shares a writer) and I'd actually say Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette to me.

I was just joking ;) it's quite whimsical in the way that it seems a bit inspired by Wes Anderson. The same way Jojo Rabbit's trailer felt a bit like a Wes Anderson light version.

Tyler Rake (Chris Hemsworth) is a fearless black market mercenary who embarks on the deadliest mission of his career when he’s enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an international crime lord. Directed by Sam Hargrave, this action-packed, edge-of-your-seat thriller is produced by Joe and Anthony Russo, the visionary directors of Avengers: Endgame.

27 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Tyler Rake (Chris Hemsworth) is a fearless black market mercenary who embarks on the deadliest mission of his career when he’s enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an international crime lord. Directed by Sam Hargrave, this action-packed, edge-of-your-seat thriller is produced by Joe and Anthony Russo, the visionary directors of Avengers: Endgame.

Darkstar: the movie :lol: talking about trying to hard! 

26 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I don't understand Chris Hemsworth, he says how he's bored of Thor and wants to do something more interesting then... releases this?

Saw him in Bad Times as the El Royale which I guess is the sort of interesting role he’s looking for. However I don’t think he was really all that great in it, I was imagining how a much better actor would have handled the part, and I think a Brad Pitt would have done a much better job.

Maybe these movies are kinda his comfort zone.

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I don't understand Chris Hemsworth, he says how he's bored of Thor and wants to do something more interesting then... releases this?

That's taking him a bit out of context isn't it? He said he was bored of himself as the character- pre Ragnarok- and was therefore pleased when Watiti came on board to change up the formula. This wasn't Idris Elba deciding that having played Nelson Mandela he was too good for this nerdy stuff and only wanted Serious Roles (something he has since undecided as hard as anyone has ever undecided anything).

Also while a movie like this might not be interesting in terms of plot or theme or deep acting or whatever, the action chops required- even if there's some stunt double work in there- is something different for an actor.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Tom Hardy looks computer generated. I’m at the point of thinking I can’t really take him seriously as an actor any more.

Hey, if Leo gets to do J. Edgar, than Tom Hardy gets to do Capone :p 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:26 AM, Heartofice said:

I mean that was pretty criminal as well. Old man make up should be banned. Just hire an old actor for gods sake, there’s enough of them!

I mean at the time sure, but after CoVID? We need Leo in old man outfit now more than ever! :P

59 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Haven't heard of this before but seems very Killjoys --- based on a comic book  -----   aaaaaaaaaaaand she's gone.  Seems Syfy is already pulling it from its prime time slot.

The comic is good. Looks like they've expanded it quite a bit, which makes sense since the comic was one, fairly slim, volume (though I understand more was written after the show was announced).
Didn't realise it had started. Not that I would count towards the ratings being in Germany but with awareness-raising like that it was always gonna struggle...

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Haven't heard of this before but seems very Killjoys --- based on a comic book  -----   aaaaaaaaaaaand she's gone.  Seems Syfy is already pulling it from its prime time slot.

This looks like it wants to be to Farscape what Orville is to Star Trek.

Archived