Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

58 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I can't tell if they've included any of the main characters from the original or not, though that one guy who is probably Wilson Wilson.  Seems way off with everyone else.

Is this based on the British series of a few years back?

This New Mutants film sounds like it'll be a disaster, given the many, many delays. Which is a shame, because it has one of the more interesting cast of characters -- Cannonball, Sunspot, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Magik -- from the comic book adaptations. The unexpected part for me is the big-time focus on Illyana/Magik kicking ass with the Soulsword. That last shot of her facing up to the Demon Bear looked like it was ripped off of a heavy metal album cover (I say this as a positive thing).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 1:14 AM, Ran said:

This New Mutants film sounds like it'll be a disaster, given the many, many delays. Which is a shame, because it has one of the more interesting cast of characters -- Cannonball, Sunspot, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Magik -- from the comic book adaptations. The unexpected part for me is the big-time focus on Illyana/Magik kicking ass with the Soulsword. That last shot of her facing up to the Demon Bear looked like it was ripped off of a heavy metal album cover (I say this as a positive thing).

And yet, unless it's absolutely awful, my bias will likely crank mere satisfaction up to genuine love.

Which, is perhaps a little weird-- I mean, I'd probably rate the DC pantheon higher than Marvel's [personally] but I give WB/DC way less credit. Maybe that's why. Not sure. I'd think more about it but my feelings are getting in the way.

Fucking WB/DC. 

Archived