Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

This seems to show quite a bit of the movie...

Eh, it may be on the revealing side, but not particularly egregious comparatively.  Fun fact - Kristen Wiig spent her teen years down the street from where I grew up, about 1-200 yards from my childhood home.  Her neighbor's daughters babysat me and my siblings, and while I don't remember it we apparently met on multiple occasions.

10 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

This seems to show quite a bit of the movie...

What a poor trailer. I had the good fortune of being able to see a much better cut in cinema this weekend. That trailer really go me enthused to watch this, but this one has put me two steps back on that enthusiasm. 

In contrast, though I know nothing of Fred Hampton, that trailer for Judas and the Black Messiah is art! Does everything a trailer should do!

8 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Still have my doubts about Pattinson being Batman, but this trailer did get me excited. Love how dark it looks.

ETA: I should say I have my doubts about him being Bruce Wayne, not really Batman.

How? I couldn't see shit!

Was surprised to see that this movie is still a thing. I was totally sure they axed it. Anyway, it's just... the movie looks dreadfully generic and I also don't think Pattinson works all that much as Bruce Wayne. He may be 33, but still looks significantly younger and yet for some mindboggling reason they want to avoid a Batman Year 1 story. All it does is reminding me that I'm still waiting for a Batman Beyond movie... though I can't imagine him playing Terry either...

2 minutes ago, Toth said:

yet for some mindboggling reason they want to avoid a Batman Year 1 story.

It seems very much like a year 1 story to me? Or possibly Zero Year (the rebooted first-year-story for the New 52), which I've not read but appears to contain a lot of the elements this is using, but same difference.

39 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It seems very much like a year 1 story to me? Or possibly Zero Year (the rebooted first-year-story for the New 52), which I've not read but appears to contain a lot of the elements this is using, but same difference.

I made a short google crawl to find out what they revealed so far about what it's about and the only thing I found was an interview with the director where he said that they want to avoid that, this Batman is somewhere between "just came back to Gotham" and "fully experienced"... so... I'm under the impression they don't want to deal with having Batman have to establish himself.

2 hours ago, Toth said:

I made a short google crawl to find out what they revealed so far about what it's about and the only thing I found was an interview with the director where he said that they want to avoid that, this Batman is somewhere between "just came back to Gotham" and "fully experienced"... so... I'm under the impression they don't want to deal with having Batman have to establish himself.

Having a read (was it the AV club interview you read), it seems like they want to cut out the very beginning bit where he's not actually Batman yet but do the early part of his time in the cape before he's really figured out what he's doing and before the city has accepted him somewhat. So like delving a bit deeper into the part that Batman Begins somewhat skated over. Reading about Zero Year and what it entails it seems like they've taken that story (which is Riddler and Penguin-centric, like this seems to be), cut off the first arc of its three (which is about that 'becoming the bat' and adapted the rest. How faithfully I obviously don't know.

4 hours ago, Slurktan said:

That trailer looked awesome, is this based off of something or original?

I wanted to see it based off the first trailer.

So, Streaming Sept 3rd it said, so HBO Max is the only way to see if for the short term I suppose?

[does some googling]

Archived