Sign in to follow this  
Nictarion

Trailer Thread VI

Posted (edited)

I can't tell if they've included any of the main characters from the original or not, though that one guy who is probably Wilson Wilson.  Seems way off with everyone else.

Edited by SpaceChampion

58 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

I can't tell if they've included any of the main characters from the original or not, though that one guy who is probably Wilson Wilson.  Seems way off with everyone else.

Is this based on the British series of a few years back?

6 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

Is this based on the British series of a few years back?

Yep 

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Yep 

I 'member :D

This New Mutants film sounds like it'll be a disaster, given the many, many delays. Which is a shame, because it has one of the more interesting cast of characters -- Cannonball, Sunspot, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Magik -- from the comic book adaptations. The unexpected part for me is the big-time focus on Illyana/Magik kicking ass with the Soulsword. That last shot of her facing up to the Demon Bear looked like it was ripped off of a heavy metal album cover (I say this as a positive thing).

4 hours ago, JEORDHl said:
I'm down. Coming soon, too.

Right there with you. This one had me rewatching it. Kaufman's so good.

Here's the Youtube link:

Kaufman tickles me in all the right places. Love his films.

I don’t know how I’ve never heard of this until now as it comes out in a month. Obviously very similar to The Wicker Man, with a great cast and production, and on HBO. So I’m in.

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

The New Dune trailer SUCKS

Yeah, I was expecting Hans Zimmer to deliver a more powerful soundtrack than this.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:14 AM, Ran said:

This New Mutants film sounds like it'll be a disaster, given the many, many delays. Which is a shame, because it has one of the more interesting cast of characters -- Cannonball, Sunspot, Mirage, Wolfsbane, Magik -- from the comic book adaptations. The unexpected part for me is the big-time focus on Illyana/Magik kicking ass with the Soulsword. That last shot of her facing up to the Demon Bear looked like it was ripped off of a heavy metal album cover (I say this as a positive thing).

And yet, unless it's absolutely awful, my bias will likely crank mere satisfaction up to genuine love.

Which, is perhaps a little weird-- I mean, I'd probably rate the DC pantheon higher than Marvel's [personally] but I give WB/DC way less credit. Maybe that's why. Not sure. I'd think more about it but my feelings are getting in the way.

Fucking WB/DC.