Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

Is it just me or was that an insanely fast turnaround between announcement and finishing production?  Can't believe it's already coming it in, like, 6-7 weeks.

Also, about Bombshell, Theron as Kelly is an almost creepily uncanny transformation.

26 minutes ago, DMC said:

Is it just me or was that an insanely fast turnaround between announcement and finishing production?  Can't believe it's already coming it in, like, 6-7 weeks. 

That's coz filming was finished long because the film was formally announced. Primary filming was in November last year per wikipedia, which makes 11 months post-production which is reasonably but not unusually quick for film (and not quick at all for a TV project- compare the Deadwood movie which filmed at about the same time but came out in May).

The production was kept -- miraculously -- on the down lo.  The actors couldn't even tell anybody they were doing it.  Even now that it has been announced, they can't say much about it, according to the NY Times interview with the principal that I saw this morning.

New Terminator movie looks just like 50 other shitty Terminator movies that were released since T2 but you are not supposed to say or even notice that.

The correct sentiment is: you are so excited to see 'ripped' and 'muscular' 60 year old granny Linda Hamilton back to kick some serious buts. You also can't wait to see new kick ass female lesbian terminator, who is 'gender fluid' , and identifies as a human. She identifies as a human. She identifies as a human, you got it? Therefore, SHE IS HUMAN!!! Who could say otherwise? It's the most progressive sci fi/action/time travel/doomsday movie of the year! Critics are going to heap praise, which means that the movie is great! 

You really can't wait to see it, and wish that they would take your money right now!

2 hours ago, Gronzag said:

New Terminator movie looks just like 50 other shitty Terminator movies that were released since T2 but you are not supposed to say or even notice that.

The correct sentiment is: you are so excited to see 'ripped' and 'muscular' 60 year old granny Linda Hamilton back to kick some serious buts. You also can't wait to see new kick ass female lesbian terminator, who is 'gender fluid' , and identifies as a human. She identifies as a human. She identifies as a human, you got it? Therefore, SHE IS HUMAN!!! Who could say otherwise? It's the most progressive sci fi/action/time travel/doomsday movie of the year! Critics are going to heap praise, which means that the movie is great! 

You really can't wait to see it, and wish that they would take your money right now!

What we need in 2019 is a Terminator franchise that is relevant, it cannot be like the previous movies and it has to reflect current society.

Having Sarah Connor being a strong kick ass female is a brave new update on her character and will be awesome.

A female terminator is something that has never been attempted before, outside of all the other times its been attempted, and should be applauded for its bravery. 

Maybe this movie will go some way to correcting a franchise that has been so misogynistic for so long. 

It's funny. I know that they're just talking their standard misogynistic bullshit by trying to be edgy and paint me into a corner, but I am honestly excited as hell to see an old woman kick ass. That is precisely what I wanted - Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner going out and fucking shit up. 

Archived