Trailer Thread VI

Nictarion

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

In a lot of ways that looks like a traditional action thriller, except there's that brief shot at the beginning of them jumping up the side of a building and the stuff at the end about time; and the fact that apparently Nolan has called this his most ambitious movie so far.

I'm certainly intrigued.

The moment I saw that trailer I knew I was gonna end up in a twitter debate or something that resulted in me unfavourably comparing Nolan to Satoshi Kon and, lo and behold, I did.

I hope it's great but I'm nervous because it leans into all the things I feel have caused Nolan problems so far- convoluted plots he can't keep control of, better ideas for set-pieces than for how to shoot them (though this is relatively minor for him), wanting to be a Bond director, wanting to be Kon, Spielberg and Kubrick all at the same time.

57 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

The moment I saw that trailer I knew I was gonna end up in a twitter debate or something that resulted in me unfavourably comparing Nolan to Satoshi Kon and, lo and behold, I did.

I hope it's great but I'm nervous because it leans into all the things I feel have caused Nolan problems so far- convoluted plots he can't keep control of, better ideas for set-pieces than for how to shoot them (though this is relatively minor for him), wanting to be a Bond director, wanting to be Kon, Spielberg and Kubrick all at the same time.

It'll probably be all of that because it's Nolan and I'll still likely enjoy most of it the first time I see it. I appreciate how ambitious he can be.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah I have the same concerns but will undoubtedly watch this movie. This movie looks almost like a sequel to Inception especially with that horn / siren noise throughout the trailer.

20 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Still reading the book but this looks very similar to Gomorrah since Stefano Sollima is directing (and Roberto Saviano is also the author of the source content).

This looks really good. Wonder if we will get it in the US? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, drawkcabi said:

Rewatched the Ghostbusters trailer a few times and caught a few things...

In one scene in the house you see books stacked just like in the library in the first movie..."no human being would stack books this way"

In a scene in a shed you see a collection of spores, molds, and fungus.

At one point you see the driving towards "Shanbor Mine" as in Ivo Shanbor? The guy that built Dana Barrett's apartment building? What is this is the mine Shanbor used to get the pke conducting material to build "Spook Central"?

When the kids are in Ecto-1, the one kid in the gunner seat firing a proton stream...you see she is actually shooting at Slimer!

Maybe it's not an coincidence that Slimer has found his way from NYC to this town in the middle of nowhere that Egon's grand kids ended up in? The trap the Paul Rudd holds up, it's crackling with electricity, they only did that when ghosts were in them. So what if Rudd or the kids opens the trap and Slimer flies out? Then they figure they need to "bust" Slimer which is what's going on in that gunner seat scene...only maybe Egon put Slimer in that trap on purpose to relay a message from him to whoever opens it in the future?

There's also a one second shot of Zuul's leg on the car. Which is a nightmare I've been having for about 15 years now.

(Seriously, that one second in the trailer made me jump like 30 feet in the air. I have serious Zuul trauma)

On 1/6/2020 at 12:20 AM, Darth Richard II said:

There's also a one second shot of Zuul's leg on the car. Which is a nightmare I've been having for about 15 years now.

(Seriously, that one second in the trailer made me jump like 30 feet in the air. I have serious Zuul trauma)

I caught that and forgot to mention it.

It reminded me of the scene in Jurassic Park with the T-Rex and the cars 

ETA:

Oh, first time I saw Ghostbusters in the theater when I was 9 it freaked me out! When Zuul's arms rip out of the chair and grab Dana, that was one of the scenes that scared me the most!

I'm looking forward to this...   Yes, I'm a fanatic for a future in space.  I have friends that run the Space Tourism Society.  One of them published a book that was probably the blueprint for the concept of cruise ships in orbit.  The idea has a lot of potential.  But this show perfectly skewers weaknesses of the concept too.  "It's all the fun of shopping!  Plus space!"   I mean... that's not wrong.  Selling space tourism with the same things you'd sell about Vegas is pretty much spot on, aside from actually selling the zero-grav activities you could do.  Space Vegas doesn't excite me though.

Archived