Kaapstad

The Iron Throne Episode script is out

is the script still available somewhere? It was took down from the Emmys website before I noticed it was out... :(

The script was an immense, steaming, pile of faeces.

Even though this one lands on "my side" of the biggest "what was intended" script reveal (Jon and the NW), I'll restate what I said other seasons.  The script is the script, what the directors and editors actually put on screen is NOT the same thing for various reasons.  Keep in mind the director of the Jofferey's coffin could not comprehend the way the audience saw that.  Some times people are just incompetent...

Honestly, even a series like marvel agents of shield was much better written than S8 and the final took into account that all the characters should have a role to play... I have no idea how GOT can have so many nominations when a series like this did in ep12 and 13 what GOT should have done... 

Not very helpful. We only know how the freefolk felt about following Jon.

Jon steps forward into the sea of waiting faces. There is no suspicion in those faces, and no awe. Only trust. The Night’s Watch used to hunt them, but they will follow this Night’s Watchman.

On 8/5/2019 at 1:56 AM, NymeriaWarriorQueen said:

Not very helpful. We only know how the freefolk felt about following Jon.

Jon steps forward into the sea of waiting faces. There is no suspicion in those faces, and no awe. Only trust. The Night’s Watch used to hunt them, but they will follow this Night’s Watchman.

Yeah its still ambiguous unfortunately. We don't know if he went to join the wildlings or if he is still in the NW

On 8/4/2019 at 4:26 PM, NymeriaWarriorQueen said:

That makes no sense.

LOL

How is that a punishment? If it is not a punishment, where is the reward?

Well at least the script says Jon doesn’t fully forgive Sansa, it made no sense he was so cool with her. 

Still wish he had a Scarface from Half Baked moment in the Dragon Pit tho. 

Meh, I only skimmed it at his stage but what sticks out to me is that, as an old thread noted, the biggest problem is they are too focused on psychological/character/icon driven narrative and especially those characters the internet has warmed to - specifically, celebrity fan service.

I would argue, more than GRRM not finishing and D&D being hacks, GoTs is a victim of its own popularity. Expectation (and the expectation of profit) had a bigger hand in telling the story than the story itself. It failed, as many things now do, because of corporate greed.

Edited by ummester