Smartest: Cersei, Jaime or Tyrion (TV versions)

Kaguya

Cersei is definitely the smartest, in the show. The difference:

show!Cersei: "I know what Joffrey is. I couldn't change him."

book!Cersei: "What is everyone's deal???? Joffrey is a strong, beautiful lion who looks Jaime. Those peasants don't know what perfection is."

I prefer show!Cersei, although there is something to be said about Book!Cersei's failures. I think she's intended to be a poor imitation of Targaryens and Tywin, and ironically, Westeros is better off because of it. She tries to be a hardass and completely fails - and this works out in the smallfolk's favor. 

It's kind of like if Dany tripped on her own feet and couldnt "burn them all" correctly. YAY, THATS A GOOD THING.

The only smart things I can remember when it comes to Tyrion are from the first two Seasons. After that his story becomes only about his relationship with Shae and he doesn't do much of anything else. After S4 though he became one of the biggest idiots whose moronic plans lead to disasters in both Essos and Westeros. People complain about Sansa being hailed as a smarty pants (while ignoring that only Arya said so) yet every freaking character has to constantly tell us how smart Tyrion is even when he fails in epic ways all the damn time.

Cersei is a mixed bag. She didn't have much opportunity in the early Seasons due to her son and father limiting what she can do. And the Sparrow thing was a giant miscalculation on her part. However in the later Seasons she was the only one with a brain (not just in her family but the show). A foreign conqueror was coming to Westeros so she wanted more and better trained men. The Lannister gold mines were empty so she sacked the gold of a rival House (and their food which is important). She made a deal with the House that had the biggest naval fleet. She appealed to other Lords of Westeros to join her (promising titles etc. which is how it's done). The end of S7 showcased how smart Cersei is. She agreed to a ceasefire with her enemies (while in secret hiring the GC, building anti-dragon weapons), staged a fake 'I'm out.' with Euron so that he can ferry the hired sellswords over to Westeros and agreed to send soldiers to help fight the dead (which she had no intention of doing). And S8 proved her right. She shouldn't have and didn't need to send her own men north. She also seemed to be the only one who still had an active spy network thanks to Qyburn. She knew the wall fell but characters in Dany's camp (which includes freaking Varys) didn't.

When it comes to Jamie, I don't understand why he is even included in the topic to begin with, lol.

Cersei is definitely smart, way smarter than she is in the novels. Making Cersei smart and likable for the show however took away all the darkly comic moments her ignorance and pride result very often.

Tyrion is obviously the smartest of the three, just like he is in the novels. Show Tyrion however becomes too saint-like in later seasons who literally does nothing wrong and has absolutely zero self interests in the game. 

Jaime in the series is basically a non-character starting from season 4, so clearly he's the least smart one.

Archived