Fantasy Football 2019

Whiskeyjack

Defeat! Defeat and damnation befall my house! An unforeseeable tide of toil and troubles to wreck the proud Basilissa. Was I so blind? So certain in mine own destiny that I allowed a rot of the most depreciating to undermine the foundations of an Empire so carefully constructed. Weep for me. Weep for the end of righteousness and valor. For the loss of innocence and grace. Weep for the death of divine absolution which portends an ending of all time! 

I lost in every single league.:crying:

13 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Defeat! Defeat and damnation befall my house! An unforeseeable tide of toil and troubles to wreck the proud Basilissa. Was I so blind? So certain in mine own destiny that I allowed a rot of the most depreciating to undermine the foundations of an Empire so carefully constructed. Weep for me. Weep for the end of righteousness and valor. For the loss of innocence and grace. Weep for the death of divine absolution which portends an ending of all time! 

You are welcome twice from me.

Having an interesting season.  Started slow, but been better the last few weeks.  Feels like I've been facing a lot of high scores against me, which the numbers support in 3 of 4 leagues.

Westeros C:  5-1 (2nd place, 2nd in points, 10th most points against - the one league where I've had some good luck)
Westeros A:  4-2 (2nd place, 1st in points, 2nd most points against)
Experts:  3-3 (4th place, 4th in points, 2nd most points against)
Westeros B:  3-3 (4th place, 1st in points, 2nd most points against)

The standings in Westeros B might be the most out of line with performance.  As an example, I've got the same record as Ross, in spite of 201 more points scored (33.5 points per week).  Because I've also got 242 more points against me (40.3 points per week).  Crazy.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:13 AM, Jace, Basilissa said:

On 10/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, Bronn Stone said:

You are welcome twice from me.

...and once from me....who knew i had it in me

my goal to be dead last is working out in the pick'em league :lmao:

but in "B" which thank gods is my only team...i am just middle of the road...if not for the first outrageous win i would be 7th...but i am getting better at figuring this out...i kept my workhorses even in the face of withering stats and slick trade offers...

...maybe this year i might make the play offs...

:smoking:

• 2 weeks later...

Season going well, though the James Conner injury could be rough for a couple of teams.

Westeros A:  6-2 (1st place, 1st in points)
Westeros C:  6-2 (1st place, 3rd in points)
Westeros B:  5-3 (3rd place, 1st in points)
Experts:  5-3 (3rd place, 3rd in points)

My dynasty teams are killing it this year.  19-5 with the three teams I am contending with and 4-4 in the Westeros league I took over last year that is definitely rebuilding this year (hoping to contend next season).  I've got Chris Godwin in all four (traded for him in the early summer in two of them) and he has been slaying, which has helped a lot.  I'm 7-1 in my pay league, and the one loss was because I didn't start Godwin in week four because of his poor week three performance.  I lost faith in the one true Godwin and I was struck down.  He hasn't left my lineup since.  Well, except for week seven, but that was a bye.

Also, did anyone notice that Tampa gets Houston in the fantasy superb owl?  Jesus, that's going to be wild.  Really hope I don't have to play my buddy's team that has Mike Evans in the finals because you never know which one of him and Godwin is going to pop off any given week.

15 minutes ago, briantw said:

Also, did anyone notice that Tampa gets Houston in the fantasy superb owl?  Jesus, that's going to be wild.  Really hope I don't have to play my buddy's team that has Mike Evans in the finals because you never know which one of him and Godwin is going to pop off any given week.

Is that a reference to the last game played that counts?

I'm going to post this in both treads to get the most eyeballs:

Is anyone down to do a playoff fantasy league? There's no draft, so it will honestly only take a few minutes of your time. You pick one player from each playoff team and it needs to be spread out between two QBs, three RBs, four WRs, one TE and a kicker and a defense. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks left in the regular season.

Westeros C:  8-3 (2nd place, 4th in points, 10th most points against)
Westeros A:  7-4 (1st place, 1st in points, 4th most points against)
Experts:  7-4 (2nd place, 2nd in points, 2nd most points against)
Westeros B:  7-4 (2nd place, 1st in points, 2nd most points against)

• 2 weeks later...

well my best showing ever this season in my only league (B)...looks like i might make the play offs (4th place after this week, second in points scored, 7th most in points against)

...unless of course i persist in leaving 80+ points on the bench

On 10/31/2019 at 6:47 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Is anyone down to do a playoff fantasy league? There's no draft, so it will honestly only take a few minutes of your time. You pick one player from each playoff team and it needs to be spread out between two QBs, three RBs, four WRs, one TE and a kicker and a defense. 

so is this happening?

Here's the rundown heading into the playoffs.

Experts
Whiskeyjack (1) - bye
Dracarys (2) - bye
JJ Lannister (3) vs Jaime (6)
Boiled Leather (4) vs Dunknegg (5)

Westeros A
BluRay (1) - bye
Dracarys (2) - bye
Fuentez (3) vs Jace (6)
Whiskeyjack (4) vs POTN (5)

Westeros B
Whiskeyjack (1) - bye
JJ Lannister (2) - bye
Grozeng (3) vs Mudguard (6)
Rocksniffer (4) vs Manhole (5)

Westeros C
Dunknegg (1) - bye
Mcbigski (2) - bye
Tywin (3) vs Aceluby (6)
Whiskeyjack (4) vs Mudguard (5)

So far, so good this season.  1st in one league, 2nd in another, snuck into the playoffs in C, and just missed the playoffs in my last league despite getting auto-drafted a truly awful team.  Pick 'ems have been pretty mediocre to bad though, especially my spread one.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:47 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I'm in.

Archived