u.s. politics: sundowning on the american empire

26 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Asian students who are not Asian American, which is what I am talking about here

Of the cohorts I was referring to, all but one is from Asia - and the one who didn't was born and grew up in Toronto, I guess she'd technically be Asian-Canadian?  Canadian-Asian?  I dunno.  Anyway, I suppose I should point out that everybody in our program is funded, at least until their sixth year, so it's a little different than the tuition requirements in undergrad or unfunded grad programs.  As others have said, I don't really get your point here.  Are that a lot of Asian students in STEM - particularly here in Pittsburgh at CMU which emphasizes STEM-related programs?  Sure.  So?

1 hour ago, Darth Richard II said:

Uh oh, is Zorral no longer the most woke?

From most woke, to casually racist, I can't believe Zorral of all people is here complaining about the annoying Arabs and rich Chinese. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

I know you 'broke it down', but what is the point you're trying to make with the above post?

Kiddos, you all that are all about the stats:

the point is that  higher education students hate reading books or any print materials and use the libraries as cafeterias.  Which is very bad for the future of information and learning.

Got a problem, take it up with the administration.

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The point I've been hitting is that  higher education students hate reading books or any print materials and use the libraries as cafeterias.  Which is very bad for the future of information and learning.

Yes, it's the students that are the problem.  *eye roll*

3 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Yes, it's the students that are the problem.  *eye roll*

Ay-up.  Ain't woke, never been woke, won't ever be woke.  Work in the real world. :read: :P :cheers:

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Kiddos, you all that are all about the stats:

the point is that  higher education students hate reading books or any print materials and use the libraries as cafeterias.  Which is very bad for the future of information and learning.

Got a problem, take it up with the administration.

I don't understand what has has to do with Asians (foreign or domestic), except that their food is smellier, or something?

Archived