Copenhagen Eurocon (Sept 21-23)

mormont

I would be happy to arrange pick up points on route . I will be coming over to either Holyhead or Pembroke so I suggest a stop in London initially and then on the continent at convinient points for all involved . It could make for a cheap and chearful trip .

A night in Amsterdam on the way home ?

It won't be cheap, trust me on this.

But obviously I'm a potential passenger since as we have the same starting point :D

there is no way for me to know where i'll be in September though.

Now then , wee man . I think a road trip could be a lot of fun . I am going to get a stall and be helping friends of mine to sell corsetry and cloaks and stuff . So I have to take a vehicule with stuff in as my friend is in a chair and flying to meet me in Copenhagen to avoid being physically knackered before she even gets there . I would love company and help towards the costs of travelling so , roll up , who's on the magic bus ?

I would be happy to arrange pick up points on route . I will be coming over to either Holyhead or Pembroke so I suggest a stop in London initially and then on the continent at convinient points for all involved . It could make for a cheap and chearful trip .

A night in Amsterdam on the way home ?

:cry: Sounds like fun - no way I can get enough time away to join you - why isn't this all happening ten years ago :cry:

Hmmm...very interesting idea Mel. :) The main drawback could be the amount of extra dates off work it would mean. I'm already trying to pull off several trips this year. So, we'll see. I could do one of the ways. But if you have the numbers already, I'll be fine.

Tenalpia, I think the only airline that flies between Copenhagen and Edinburgh/Glasgow is bmi, so that may be the best you can do. You can try different combinations of dates. Sometimes it works out better if you go a different day. (Cerys mentioned going to Malmo also but there doesn't seem to be any flights from Edi/Gla to Malmo).

Actually, I was told that Sterling fly between Copenhagen and those Scottish airports but there is no mention of them on that website, so seems not.

Hmmm...very interesting idea Mel. :) The main drawback could be the amount of extra dates off work it would mean. I'm already trying to pull off several trips this year. So, we'll see. I could do one of the ways. But if you have the numbers already, I'll be fine.

Tenalpia, I think the only airline that flies between Copenhagen and Edinburgh/Glasgow is bmi, so that may be the best you can do. You can try different combinations of dates. Sometimes it works out better if you go a different day. (Cerys mentioned going to Malmo also but there doesn't seem to be any flights from Edi/Gla to Malmo).

Actually, I was told that Sterling fly between Copenhagen and those Scottish airports but there is no mention of them on that website, so seems not.

Thanks mate :) Fortunately I've saved up quite a bit so I think I'll just go for these flights - gives max time in Copenhagen :D I checked the surrounding days / times and the prices are all the same - guess that's what happens when there's no competition :cry:

I'm a probable, at least for one day, since I live close enough to make a day trip from home. How much I'll participate is impossible to say at the moment but it would be great to meet some new boarders (I've only met a handful of those living in Sweden).

Given the proximity, I suppose Ran and I really should put ourselves on the possibles list at least. No Worldcon for us this year, but we're not sure yet if some other vacation (or work) might get in our way in September.

Yay! :) Would be very good to see both of you again...

If we could get some of the board heavyweights like mormont, Linda, and Ran to confirm their serious interest in participating (always keeping in mind conflicting plans of world domination or the flu, of course) early, this could really become a major event. I continue to put my faith into GRRM's well-timed procrastination so that we could even have a launch party for Dance! So far, he seems to be right on schedule.

And maybe Zollo could arrange a Human chess game...

Tenalpia: I checked the possible ways you could fly from Edinburgh/Glasgow to Copenhagen and it seems it's really hard to find direct flights. If possible, check easyjet and ryanair tickets via London Stansted and then to Malmö Sturup/Kastrup Copenhagen. You can get a bus from Malmö Sturup to Copenhagen, or take the bus from Sturup to Malmö central station and then train direct to Copenhagen central station.

I saw that you can fly direct with SAS from Glasgow to Copenhagen, but it cost 3000 SEK, i.e £216

I know you can fly from Glasgow to Gothenburg really cheap with ryanair. Might be worth a look what it would cost with flight to Gothenburg, bus into town and the 3 hour train-ride to Copenhagen. I'd advice to book the train ticket before hand, or at least phone SJ (the Swedish rail) and ask them about bookings tho. I haven't travelled that line in *ages* and have no idea how busy it is. Whatever you do, DON'T get persuaded inbuying a ticket for the X2000 trains. You'll get there 30 min before everyone else, but you'll be paying out of your nose for it. I find the milktrain far better, especially if you have a good book. :)

Sterling flies to London Gatwick from Copenhagen, but not to any of the Scottish airports as far as I am aware.

Thanks Lyanna - I'll check out the links for Stansted, I had a *brief* look before and couldn't find anything that worked well time wise but I'll check again - especially as I quite like the idea of going to Malmo and crossing *that* bridge :D

Oh the bridge is great :) It takes about 30 min with the bus from the airport (Malmö sturup) to the central station in Malmö (and you'll get to see parts of Malmö as well, like Hilton hotel and the opera house :P ) and then there's a train every 20 min from Malmö C to Copenhagen. It's possible to buy tickets with VISA or Mastercard for that trip ( same as the bus) so no need to change money or anything. The purple automatons you use to buy the tickets for the Öresund trains even have translations into English I noted yesterday. :P

Overall, the times for the Ryanair flights are godawful. Maybe it's possible to have some sort of rendezvouz in the London area if many people are going at the same time?

Oh the bridge is great :) It takes about 30 min with the bus from the airport (Malmö sturup) to the central station in Malmö (and you'll get to see parts of Malmö as well, like Hilton hotel and the opera house :P ) and then there's a train every 20 min from Malmö C to Copenhagen. It's possible to buy tickets with VISA or Mastercard for that trip ( same as the bus) so no need to change money or anything. The purple automatons you use to buy the tickets for the Öresund trains even have translations into English I noted yesterday. :P

Overall, the times for the Ryanair flights are godawful. Maybe it's possible to have some sort of rendezvouz in the London area if many people are going at the same time?

Malmo option is out as there are no outward bound flights that week :cry: Am considering easyjet via Stansted or some other combination - should be able to get that for just over £100 although I may have to fly down to London on the Thursday night and hang about the airport for a few hours... I'll keep working out all the options :)

Malmo option is out as there are no outward bound flights that week :cry: Am considering easyjet via Stansted or some other combination - should be able to get that for just over £100 although I may have to fly down to London on the Thursday night and hang about the airport for a few hours... I'll keep working out all the options :)

Well, if more people are going, maybe you could stay at someone's place overnight. Shouldn't be impossible to fix. :)

And we're still months away yet. :)

I am probably a definite. "Valby Medborgerhus", where the convention is held, is about twenty minutes from were i live.

And some people can probably crash at my place, too. If we don´t have other visitors at our commune at the time of the convention.

And you all need my NooB´nes. I am not quite sure what furry sex is. Yet. *looks uncertainly around the board*

Archived