Joe Abercrombie's A LITTLE HATRED (Book 1 of The Age of Madness trilogy - coming out September 19) - NO SPOILERS

The hairy bear

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I don't generally buy audiobooks, but get them from the library.  And sadly, the entirety of the Milwaukee Public Library system doesn't have any of the First Law or subsequent stories in that world...

The only rational response is to move States

On 8/24/2019 at 12:08 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

I don't generally buy audiobooks, but get them from the library.  And sadly, the entirety of the Milwaukee Public Library system doesn't have any of the First Law or subsequent stories in that world...

Place a hold on the e-audiobooks. MPL has the First Law Trilogy and Best Served Cold on audiobooks. You can download them through Overdrive or Hoopla. Search "Wisconsin's Digital Library".

16 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

You mean "to the states" right?  Because isn't Milwaukee the capitol of Canada?

Capital of Wisconsin isn’t it? Not sure the capital of Canada. Google...

huh, not what i thought. I expected Toronto.

or have i been the butt of some US/Canada centric joke that has gone over my head?

On 8/7/2019 at 6:37 AM, The hairy bear said:

• We will see Glokta (significantly), Shivers, Black Calder, Dogman, Gorst, Bayaz, Vitari and Shenkt (briefly), Isern-i-Phail, Terez (including a short POV), Finree, Tunny, Sergeant (now Colonel) Forest, Brint, Sulfur.
  • We won't see any new magi, Shy, Temple (although his company will be mentioned), Shev, Javre, Carcolf, Conthuss, Crummock-I-Phail, Ferro, or Ferro's family.

There's one name that's fairly conspicuous in its absence. This is intentional, I assume?

Not really. I just collected all the characters that Joe decided to reveal that were going to appear, and the ones he said that wouldn't.

If you are referring to your namesake, he just declined to comment on it.

Spoiler

Although, of course, the reference to a "Lamb" in Rikke's prophecy suggests that we will see him, perhaps antagonizing and deafeating Leo dan Brock/Angland, and being defeated in turn by someone identifed with an owl.

BTW, we have August's progress report.

ETA: And a second sample chapter!!

21 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

Not really. I just collected all the characters that Joe decided to reveal that were going to appear, and the ones he said that wouldn't.

If you are referring to your namesake, he just declined to comment on it.

I was suggesting intentional on his part, not yours. He has to have been asked, and I'd be curious to hear how he dodged the question.

Pre-ordered my hard copy over the bank holiday weekend while i was in Waterstones. Think the seller may have been flirting a bit while we discussed the books, which of course i didnt realise until today when i thought about the interaction. Alas!

Sad Joe wont be doing any signings or events near me but will be glad of the special edition all the same.

@Joe Abercrombie is the new short story related to the new trilogy or standalone/completely separate (like many of the Sharp Ends stories)

Archived