NFL 2019 Preseason: Hard Knockin on Gruden's Door

DanteGabriel

12 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Continue!

One other comment on Hard Knocks: Jonathan Abram, the first round rookie safety, got lectured by Gruden about hitting too hard in practice, and his response was hilarious: "You can't cut me."

I loved that part.

4 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Continue!

One other comment on Hard Knocks: Jonathan Abram, the first round rookie safety, got lectured by Gruden about hitting too hard in practice, and his response was hilarious: "You can't cut me."

I knew this whole Gruden adventure was going to be awesome when they inexplicably signed him to a ten year contract, but it's paying dividends earlier than expected.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

I knew this whole Gruden adventure was going to be awesome when they inexplicably signed him to a ten year contract, but it's paying dividends earlier than expected.

I recall reading that the reason they couldn't do a deal for Mack was because of that contract and the fact that the owner is broke by NFL standards. They simply didn't have the required funds to put in escrow. 

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Brown has clearly taken a few too many hits to the head in his career.  I feel like we're gonna find out a few years from now that he's dealing with massive CTE related issues.  

Bingo. He hasn't been the same since the Burfict hit from the playoff game a few years back. But like Jace and Tywin have said, mix it with being a jackass and this is what you get . This guy is clearly off the rails. It's even more obvious that's it's been building for a while now when you look back at all the little things that were glossed over here as just "AB being AB" until he got bat shit last year.

The AB helmet story gets even weirder. He's apparently been holding on to a discontinued helmet for almost a decade, and tried to sneak it into use at Raiders practice. He painted his old helmet and people recognized it wasn't a proper helmet. He tried to sneak that helmet on the field twice.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-preview/2019/8/9/20799283/antonio-brown-helmet-policy-oakland-raiders

36 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

The AB helmet story gets even weirder. He's apparently been holding on to a discontinued helmet for almost a decade, and tried to sneak it into use at Raiders practice. He painted his old helmet and people recognized it wasn't a proper helmet. He tried to sneak that helmet on the field twice.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-preview/2019/8/9/20799283/antonio-brown-helmet-policy-oakland-raiders

This is why we don't fuck with crazy.

4 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

What a nut. Sounds more like a hockey goalie, than a diva WR. :lol:

On 8/9/2019 at 8:12 PM, Joe Pesci said:

Bingo. He hasn't been the same since the Burfict hit from the playoff game a few years back.

It's amazing to think that AB might be a little less erratic now if he'd been wearing a safer helmet then, as opposed to this same helmet he's so attached to now, a helmet that was already years out of date at the time.

I played football from 7th grade through my senior year, and not once did I notice much of a difference from helmet to helmet. Frankly they were all uncomfortable. The big equipment issue dudes always had is getting awful straps on your shoulder pads. Some of them could be really painful.

Ok, makes sense now. I was watching Hard knocks, only half paying attention and Gruden was talking to a coach about his feet, and at one point says, "take his helmut from him". I thought that was just a signal that he couldn't practice but now it makes sense.

Archived