NFL 2019 Preseason: Hard Knockin on Gruden's Door

DanteGabriel

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Did we just become best friends?

Sworn enemies for life, I'm pretty sure. Just like the guy who keeps signing up for shit with my Gmail address and trying to "recover the password" on me.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Randy Moss is one of my two favorite athletes ever, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be critical of him, both on and off the field. He could have been the greatest to ever play the game, but he was a petulant child and it cost him. That said though, AB is probably worse than those two considering the new reporting. You can’t call your GM a cracker, even if I think that slur is largely harmless. But funnily enough, he gave an emotional apology to the team, and now it sounds like he might play. I have him in three leagues, so god please make that happen!

"Cracker" makes me laugh, but you can't call your boss that. I'm chuckling at AB's sudden contrition. Probably came right around the time he realized they could void his guaranteed money for the shit he pulled.

52 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

"Cracker" makes me laugh, but you can't call your boss that. I'm chuckling at AB's sudden contrition. Probably came right around the time he realized they could void his guaranteed money for the shit he pulled.

Well it looks like he can call his boss a cracker after all. Joy to the world, my FF teams are back to full strength, sans all the A.J. Greens I drafted.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well it looks like he can call his boss a cracker after all. Joy to the world, my FF teams are back to full strength, sans all the A.J. Greens I drafted.

I think what I got wrong is that Mayock isn't his boss, Gruden is. Which we all knew, but it must sting for Mayock to see that.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

I think what I got wrong is that Mayock isn't his boss, Gruden is. Which we all knew, but it must sting for Mayock to see that.

Agreed. The man who got the $100m contract is the one calling the shots. Mayock really isn’t even qualified for his job.

If you had zero days on the "How long before Antonio Brown does something crazy again" bingo card, you are a winner!"

Recording your coach and putting it on youtube? Maybe Gruden will finally put his foot down and finally punish him. I predict AB will be held out the first drive of the game.

edit: :rofl:

edit2: :rofl::rofl:

17 minutes ago, Trebla said:

If you had zero days on the "How long bfore Antonio Brown does something crazy again" bingo card, you are a winner!"

Recording your coach and putting it on youtube? Maybe Gruden will finally put his foot down and finally punish him. I predict AB will be held out the first drive of the game.

That... is fucking insanity. Rapid fire thoughts:

- That actually is a pretty well put together video. I mean honestly, that looks as good or better than anything HBO did this past month. Is this what Brown's been working on? His video editing skills?

- He's literally got the emotional responses of a fucking child. When he acts like the Raiders are the ones being mean to him and Gruden paused for the five longest seconds I've ever heard... you can just sense that he's done. "Just knock this shit off and play football" or whatever exactly he said, there was just exhaustion in his voice. Gruden has so thoroughly cucked himself and his GM for Brown that he is now trapped in a cycle of abuse.

-I thought the video was gonna end with Brown announcing his retirement or refusal to ever play for the Raiders.

-If Jon Gruden has any scraps of dignity he'll do something about this. It's a crime to record someone without their knowledge in the state of California. I just keep trying to imagine Gruden sitting in his office watching that video with Mike Mayock. I wouldn't be surprised if they either never see it or just never admit to having seen it.

9 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

-If Jon Gruden has any scraps of dignity he'll do something about this. It's a crime to record someone without their knowledge in the state of California. I just keep trying to imagine Gruden sitting in his office watching that video with Mike Mayock. I wouldn't be surprised if they either never see it or just never admit to having seen it.

He's seen it and reportedly was amused by it and said it was awesome...what a fucking circus out there. 

1) That was a very good video, maybe AB has a future career in cinema.

2) Gruden did a nice "coach" job in that conversation, but if he didn't approve that his private phone call would be published, then, that's a pretty huge breach of privacy and trust, which going forward.....

3) AB is nuts and I very much doubt it's due to hits to his head.  

Jesus, I mean, was whatever self satisfaction AB has gotten from all this insane mess--which all happened before the season, so nothing to do with game plans/coaching/plays or anything else that players are often unhappy about--worth $29 million?  I wonder if he knows or has a sense that some other team will pay? Or, just crazy in a highly eccentric and original way.

Archived