NFL 2019 Preseason: Hard Knockin on Gruden's Door

DanteGabriel

17 hours ago, Jaime L said:

James White would chuckle at Kevin Faulk's season

How fucking dare you besmirch Kevin Faulk? How dare you, sir!

He was a dependable 3rd down back. He was our binky. I say, how DARE YOU.

I was pretty impressed with Kellen Moore’s debut. Once he realized the Giants couldn’t get any pressure, and the secondary/LB’s were biting on literally every play-action/RPO, he just kept doing it. Years past I feel like Cowboys would’ve took their foot off the pedal and forced the run more, and win a game they clearly dominated by 7-10 points. 

The first drive after halftime I think Saquon touched the ball one time. This also includes a 3rd and 2 fullback rush in the redzone that didn’t fool anyone. What a fucking joke. Shurmur and Gettleman are absolute disasters. 

3 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

The first drive after halftime I think Saquon touched the ball one time. This also includes a 3rd and 2 fullback rush in the redzone that didn’t fool anyone. What a fucking joke. Shurmur and Gettleman are absolute disasters. 

But now you've got a qwwauterback!!! 

5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I was actually surprised the Bengals makeshift OL played as well as they did in pass protection. Dalton dropped back to throw 56 times, and they only gave up 5 sacks. Still a lot, but our DL got home at a much higher rate. We were down to our 3rd string LT, and the OL was supposed to be, by all accounts, completely terrible. They ended up keeping Dalton relatively clean most of the day. Now the run blocking otoh...

It’s all relative.  Seattle lost some significant pass rushers but then added some replacements that were less of a sure thing.  But it worked out pretty well: they stopped the run and generated some decent pressure on Dalton.  There were fears for it to go much worse.  The D-line did a lot better than the O-line.

37 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I think it's worth pointing out that the Pete Carroll Seahawks have always had a habit of winning fugly ass games that they should cruise in. It's the style they play.

It’s also worth pointing out they haven’t lost a home opener in like a decade (and are ridiculous in September in general). For Zac Taylor to go in to that stadium and pull out a huge upset in his first game would have been something. 

I was obviously impressed with Dallas' first game, cautiously optimistic about it anyway. Hard to gauge how good the team is when they play a team that isn't very good. I couldn't understand why the Giants didn't use Barkley more, he was killing the Dallas D all game long.

Positives - Nice to see what Dak can do when he has legitimate NFL level receivers to throw the ball to. Until Cooper arrived last year the best WR he has played with was the injured ghost of Dez Bryant. The O-line looked much better than last year, still need to get better run blocking though.

Negatives - The def looked shaky at best. Barkley had his way with them, that man is a fucking beast. Like a female Lion, fast, strong, can stop and turn on a dime and catch anything with his claws. The hyped up LB group looked average at best.

On to Washington next.

33 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

So after acquiring a LT the Texans only have a crippling talent deficiency at secondary and O-line. Good thing they can look to the draft...

It's almost as if letting a guy who isn't even that good at the job he's doing also be GM is a bad idea.

20 hours ago, Rockroi said:

Regardless, here we are again, at the damn of another season where the Pats- even before the season has started – has broken your hearts, laid bare the waste-of-time your resistance is and exposed the league for the over-hyped clown-car that it is. 

Antonio Brown plays Miami next week. 

The spread might be 22.  

The Pats look formidable. I could definitely see them having another one of those 18-1 seasons. ;)

Archived