Jump to content
Ser Dips A lot

Ranking The Individual Fighters Of Westeros

Recommended Posts

I know there’s a lot of posts on this and what not but I get a lot of enjoyment about of this so I wanted to make this. So before I begin, I wanted to make it known that this is going to be a ranking system of individual fighters, on their prowess and combat skills, with in a 1-10 scoring system. 10 would be near invincible and is used only as a reference because I don’t personally place anyone as a 10 in my rankings; no one is invincible and even the legendary knights of old are mortal. This will cover all periods of Westeros and all fighters will be scored at their prime capabilities, with their weapons of choice (Valyrian Steel weapons are to be calculated for). 

Mine: 

1. Arthur Dayne(Dawn) - 9.7

2. Daemon Blackfyre(Blackfyre) - 9.5

3.The Dragonknight(Dark Sister) - 9.4

4. Gwayne Corbray(Lady Forlorn) - 9.3

5. Barristan Selmy - 9.2

6. Jaime Lannister - 9.1

7. Sandor Clegane - 8.9

8. Oberyn Martell - 8.8

9. Garlan Tyrell - 8.8

10. Gregor Clegane - 8.7

So that’s my top 10. I give anyone with a 9 or above legendary status,  these fighters are renown as the greatest of all time. Everyone else is extremely lethal and above 8.5 is what I consider to be top tier quality, marking highly skilled and capable of wounding/killing anyone in certain circumstances. Gregor could kill anyone with a single blow so he’s sort or the anomaly here I used as my example in making the point that everyone here is so deadly, that anything could happen in single combat between any of the above, and lesser skilled fighters could upset higher ranked opponents in certain circumstances. But, these are my rankings when it comes to true prowess and abilities. 

 

 

 

Edited by Ser Dips A lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the sake of prowess focus and not depending on personal weapon advantages, my rank gives every fighter the best version of their favourite weapon of choice. Prowess/ Combat skill will be ranked having into account weapon skill, book and word of grrm feats, physical and mental advantages for armed and unarmed combat...

1. Barristan Selmy (VS sword) 9.8

2. Robert Baratheon (Warhammer) // Arthur Dayne  (Dawn) 9.7

3. Jaime Lannister (VS sword) 9.6

Those are my mount rushmore of asoiaf, with Robert and Jaime having had a potencial + 0.1 each if the first had not stopped fighting before prime age and the latter had not lost his hand prior to top experience.

The rest are all below 9.5 imo and each can be 5. or 10. like the cleganes, oberyn, loras, garlan etc. Great warriors +100 years past like Daemon Blackfyre or Aemon the Dragonknight (who could be 5. and 6. ranked) do not make my top 4 while being elite because advances all those years in combat knowledge and nutrition are to be accounted in my view...

To justify my first pick, Selmy is the elite of elites in almost every field of combat, feats that make him look like the author's fetish martial god, there is no way i can read his deeds in this story and not make him out to be the standard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my list:

1). Barristan Selmy-9.9

2). Aemond The Dragonknight-9.9

3). Daemon Blackfrye-9.8

4). Arthur Dayne-9.8

5). Jamie Lannister-9.7

6). Aemond Targaryen-9.6

7).King Daeron I Targaryen -9.5

8). Daemon Targaryen-9.4 Daemon Targaryen speed blitzes his opponent.

9. MaegorThe Cruel-9.3

10. Maekar I Targaryen-9.2. Faced both Laughing Storm and his brother at the same time. Maekar was holding back. Until he killed his brother by accident.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noting Westeros only again before the wild Dothraki and other Essosi contingents arise. Rankings out of a 10.0 scale, fighters at their prime, and not taking into account magically enhanced weapons:

 

1. Ser Arthur Dayne (based on how he is described by others on this list) 9.8

2. Robert "Big Bobby" Baratheon 9.6

3. Ser Barristan Selmy 9.5

4. Prince Aemon the Dragonknight 9.4

5. Ser Jamie "it's complicated with my sister" Lannister 9.2

6. Daemon Blackfire 9.1

7. Bronze Yohn Royce 9.0

8. Ser Garlan Tyrell 9.0

9. Prince "I will sleep with whomever" Oberyn 8.7

10. Ser Duncan the Tall 8.7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 4:31 PM, nyser1 said:

Noting Westeros only again before the wild Dothraki and other Essosi contingents arise. Rankings out of a 10.0 scale, fighters at their prime, and not taking into account magically enhanced weapons:

 

1. Ser Arthur Dayne (based on how he is described by others on this list) 9.8

2. Robert "Big Bobby" Baratheon 9.6

3. Ser Barristan Selmy 9.5

4. Prince Aemon the Dragonknight 9.4

5. Ser Jamie "it's complicated with my sister" Lannister 9.2

6. Daemon Blackfire 9.1

7. Bronze Yohn Royce 9.0

8. Ser Garlan Tyrell 9.0

9. Prince "I will sleep with whomever" Oberyn 8.7

10. Ser Duncan the Tall 8.7 

Barristan defeated Robert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Barristan defeated Robert.

Where? They might have faced one another in jousting but the only battlefield they were both were on was the Trident. They did not face one another and well, we know who won the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

Where? They might have faced one another in jousting but the only battlefield they were both were on was the Trident. They did not face one another and well, we know who won the battle.

Bobby is overrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Bobby is overrated.

C'mon it's Bobby B, he who led to the creation of the breastplate stretcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

C'mon it's Bobby B, he who led to the creation of the breastplate stretcher.

Spoiler

Sorry to say this, but he is a cuckhold. He started a war, because Robert had nightmares that Rhaegar was giving Lyanna the big o.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 12:50 PM, Ser Dips A lot said:

I know there’s a lot of posts on this and what not but I get a lot of enjoyment about of this so I wanted to make this. So before I begin, I wanted to make it known that this is going to be a ranking system of individual fighters, on their prowess and combat skills, with in a 1-10 scoring system. 10 would be near invincible and is used only as a reference because I don’t personally place anyone as a 10 in my rankings; no one is invincible and even the legendary knights of old are mortal. This will cover all periods of Westeros and all fighters will be scored at their prime capabilities, with their weapons of choice (Valyrian Steel weapons are to be calculated for). 

Mine: 

1. Arthur Dayne(Dawn) - 9.7

2. Daemon Blackfyre(Blackfyre) - 9.5

3.The Dragonknight(Dark Sister) - 9.4

4. Gwayne Corbray(Lady Forlorn) - 9.3

5. Barristan Selmy - 9.2

6. Jaime Lannister - 9.1

7. Sandor Clegane - 8.9

8. Oberyn Martell - 8.8

9. Garlan Tyrell - 8.8

10. Gregor Clegane - 8.7

So that’s my top 10. I give anyone with a 9 or above legendary status,  these fighters are renown as the greatest of all time. Everyone else is extremely lethal and above 8.5 is what I consider to be top tier quality, marking highly skilled and capable of wounding/killing anyone in certain circumstances. Gregor could kill anyone with a single blow so he’s sort or the anomaly here I used as my example in making the point that everyone here is so deadly, that anything could happen in single combat between any of the above, and lesser skilled fighters could upset higher ranked opponents in certain circumstances. But, these are my rankings when it comes to true prowess and abilities. 

This is impossible for me. I’d probably put the legendary warriors all on the same level, with maybe a handful being above them, because of their weapons (Valyrian steel swords or warhammers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, BloodyJollyRoger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sorry to say this, but he is a cuckhold. He started a war, because Robert had nightmares that Rhaegar was giving Lyanna the big o.

 

You spelled “cuckold” wrong. What does that have to do with the topic anyways? While Robert was stuffing Rhaegar in a locker, Tywin had Gregor and Lorch rape and murder his wife and then his kids. His daughter was hiding under his bed. Was that a victory to you? He was a decade out of practice, morbidly obese, heavily drunk, drugged and with his entrails sliding out of his belly, but it still took him 3 days to die.

“How long?” Ned asked.

“By rights, he should be dead already. I have never seen a man cling to life so fiercely.”

“My brother was always strong,” Lord Renly said. “Not wise, perhaps, but strong.” In the sweltering heat of the bedchamber, his brow was slick with sweat. He might have been Robert’s ghost as he stood there, young and dark and handsome. “He slew the boar. His entrails were sliding from his belly, yet somehow he slew the boar.” His voice was full of wonder.

“Robert was never a man to leave the battleground so long as a foe remained standing,” Ned told him.

Edited by Lee-Sensei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

You spelled “cuckold” wrong. What does that have to do with the topic anyways? While Robert was stuffing Rhaegar in a locker, Tywin had Gregor and Lorch rape and murder his wife and then his kids. His daughter was hiding under his bed. Was that a victory to you? He was a decade out of practice, morbidly obese, heavily drunk, drugged and with his entrails sliding out of his belly, but it still took him 3 days to die.

“How long?” Ned asked.

“By rights, he should be dead already. I have never seen a man cling to life so fiercely.”

“My brother was always strong,” Lord Renly said. “Not wise, perhaps, but strong.” In the sweltering heat of the bedchamber, his brow was slick with sweat. He might have been Robert’s ghost as he stood there, young and dark and handsome. “He slew the boar. His entrails were sliding from his belly, yet somehow he slew the boar.” His voice was full of wonder.

“Robert was never a man to leave the battleground so long as a foe remained standing,” Ned told him.

I didn't misspell it.

Robert ran from Randyll Tarly. If he was such a muscular chad like you say he was. Robert would stood his ground. He is very overrated. Both Ned and Renly are both both mediocre fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Targknight said:

I didn't misspell it.

Robert ran from Randyll Tarly. If he was such a muscular chad like you say he was. Robert would stood his ground. He is very overrated. Both Ned and Renly are both both mediocre fighters.

1) You did.

2) It’s called a tactical retreat, he did it so well that Tyrion describes the battle as inconclusive and it was the only blemish on an otherwise spotless record.

3) Rhaegar d his ass kicked by Robert in his only battle.

4) This isn’t about Ned and a Renly (who are probably both good fighters since they were trained by Masters-at-Arms and Ned fought in the vanguard). It’s about how a decade out of practice, morbidly obese, drunk, drugged and with his entrails sliding out of his belly Robert was able to kill a giant boar with one blow from Jon Arryns old hunting knife And continue to live for 3 days. Please list other characters in this series with comparable stamina and endurance feats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Robert 'Demon of the Trident' Baratheon....

Beats every single one of them in single combat....

Cause he is ASOIAF's Thor.....

Although Barri B is probably the best all round fighter....

Edited by Orm
Few change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

1) You did.

2) It’s called a tactical retreat, he did it so well that Tyrion describes the battle as inconclusive and it was the only blemish on an otherwise spotless record.

3) Rhaegar d his ass kicked by Robert in his only battle.

4) This isn’t about Ned and a Renly (who are probably both good fighters since they were trained by Masters-at-Arms and Ned fought in the vanguard). It’s about how a decade out of practice, morbidly obese, drunk, drugged and with his entrails sliding out of his belly Robert was able to kill a giant boar with one blow from Jon Arryns old hunting knife And continue to live for 3 days. Please list other characters in this series with comparable stamina and endurance feats.

1). I didn't.

2). Tyrion isn't that bright. He made wrong assertions before.  Tyrion was a awful hand of the king. Robert got stabbed like a pig, and he was bleeding all over the place. 

3). Rhaegar stabbed Robert. Just like how Rhaegar stabbed Lyanna over and over again. Robert couldn't continue to fight, because he needed Ned.

4). Ned was a bad fighter. He only killed Arthur Dayne by sheer cowardliness, because Reed stabbed a defenseless knight in the back.

Do you think it was honorable Lady Sansa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Orm said:

Robert 'Demon of the Trident' Baratheon....

Beats every single one of them in single combat....

Cause he is ASOIAF's Thor.....

Although Barri B is probably the best all round fighter....

Thor was a cross-dresser. Are you implying Robert is a cross-dresser? Robert must had strong homoerotic feeling towards Rhaegar.

Edited by Targknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Targknight said:

Thor was a cross-dresser. Are you implying Robert is a cross-dresser? Robert must had strong homoerotic feeling towards Rhaegar.

Are you seriously gonna diss the Scandinavian God of War and Thunder, just to diss Bobby B?

If you know the myth of Thor cross-dressing you would know that it isn't homo-erotic but hammering time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Orm said:

Are you seriously gonna diss the Scandinavian God of War and Thunder, just to diss Bobby B?

If you know the myth of Thor cross-dressing you would know that it isn't homo-erotic but hammering time...

Thor's Wedding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Targknight said:

1). I didn't.

2). Tyrion isn't that bright. He made wrong assertions before.  Tyrion was a awful hand of the king. Robert got stabbed like a pig, and he was bleeding all over the place. 

3). Rhaegar stabbed Robert. Just like how Rhaegar stabbed Lyanna over and over again. Robert couldn't continue to fight, because he needed Ned.

4). Ned was a bad fighter. He only killed Arthur Dayne by sheer cowardliness, because Reed stabbed a defenseless knight in the back.

Do you think it was honorable Lady Sansa?

1) Yeah. You did.

cuck·old
/ˈkəkəld,ˈkəkōld/
 
noun
DATED
 
  1. a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful, often regarded as an 

2)Tyrion isn’t that bright? What books have you been reading?

3) Buddy. Robert caved in Rhaegars chest with a war hammer so heavy, that limp wristed Rhaegar probably couldn’t lift it. He did ride to Kings Landing. He was busy taking care of Barristan.

4) Ned Stark wasn’t a coward and I never said that he was as good as Arthur Dayne. He was good and probably comparable to the average Lord or knight. Nice dodge by the way. The fact that you’ve completely failed to provide better stamina or endurance feats in the franchise indicates to me that you have nothing. Concession accepted.

5) Are you calling me Sansa, because of the picture I’m using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...