Iskaral Pust

Football: A New Hope

Adrian was lucky that didn't happen in the opening minutes of the game as well.

I see Liverpool are in for their second relegation struggle in a row, then?

Not sure why I watched the whole Everton-Watford game. I mean, it wasn't bad, but I could have watched Teemu Pukki running wild over Newcastle instead.

Ragged again from Liverpool in the first half, then cruising comfortably late in the second half until Adrian just gifted them a goal.  At least we held on, and we have a full week until our next match.  An away match immediately after our midweek effort was a tough task.  This is done and now we can regroup.

Norwich produced what we expected after their Anfield performance.  Liverpool’s defense might be a bit ragged, but Norwich created their chances because they pushed forward and had good movement. 

20 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Our defenders need to remember that Alisson isn't playing and stop passing to the bloody keeper so much.

Is Adrian going to be Karius II ?! :o

When is Allison back?

So what's the pay out for Pukki becoming the EPL top goalscorer this season? Of course he won't be, but I still find the idea of Teemu effing Pukki being the EPL top scorer of the season to be pretty funny. On the same notion has anybody checked on our big fat copper? Getting spanked by Norwich is probably not the sign for a good season for Newcastle.

37 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

On the same notion has anybody checked on our big fat copper? Getting spanked by Norwich is probably not the sign for a good season for Newcastle.

I had very low expectations for this season anyway. 

I don't know why it annoys me when defenders turn sideface to avoid the ball when "blocking" a shot, but it does.

Not that I support City, but ffs Laporte, this is your fucking full time job! Act like you've got a pair!

What a bizarre game. The shot count is something like 20-2 to City, and the possession comparable, yet it's 2-2.

24 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

What a bizarre game. The shot count is something like 20-2 to City, and the possession comparable, yet it's 2-2.

Was just coming in to say I've been watching for at least 30 minutes and waiting for TH to have a legit possession.  

VAR!

City drop points. I knew they were going to crack under the pressure of matching Liverpool’s winning run. This means we win the title now, right?

Also, I don't know if this is true for all the stadiums but they need to be *so* much better with VAR in the stadiums. So many moments at the emirates today where we had zero idea what was going on

That was pretty funny.

Spurs rode their luck big time though. City were all over them for the whole game. 

2 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

VAR!

City drop points. I knew they were going to crack under the pressure of matching Liverpool’s winning run. This means we win the title now, right?

I don't see how City can come back from this. It's between Liverpool and Arsenal now.

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

I don't see how City can come back from this. It's between Liverpool and Arsenal now.

All to be decided next week in our yearly 5-1 spanking from you lot