Iskaral Pust

Football: A New Hope

Yes. Ball bounced off from a City player's arm before it got to Jesus.

Handball rule this season. Handball (intentional or not) has to be whistled off, if it results in a goal.

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Was VAR correct? 

Under the new rules, in which any handball whether it was deliberate or not rules a goal out, yes.

Posted (edited)

I got to watch most of the City-Spurs game in the gym.  Spurs were bloody lucky.  City battered them all game, but fluffed several chances and conceded two soft goals. 

Spurs possession game was very poor.  They tried to play out of defense but struggled to get past the press.  And whenever they did break the first line of the press, Winks would receive the ball in space and then promptly pass it back to a CB and put them all under pressure again.  Every. Single. Time.  And their forwards weren’t offering an effective out-ball either.  Kane, so ponderous, could only show short for the ball each time, easily tracked by Otamendi, and his lay-off nearly always went to a City player.  Without Son or Moura to offer a threat behind the defense, they made it too easy for City to play a high line.  Kane was basically a non-factor in the game.

That said, City’s defense was great at playing out but terrible at defending.  Spurs had so little possession or territory but still scored two, and neither was a worldy.  Spurs defense at least made some good blocks, even if they were carved open by every KDB cross.  And when will RBs starting looking over their shoulder to track Sterling’s late runs?  It can’t be that hard. 

Anyway, nice for City to drop points when Liverpool had the more taxing week.  But next we face Arsenal who have lots of firepower against our shaky defense and back-up keeper.

Edited by Iskaral Pust

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be too worried about Arsenal. Yeah, their attack is class but their defence is dodgy and the game is at Anfield which makes a big difference. Liverpool have been practically unbeatable at home under Klopp. 

ETA. Romano reported earlier in the day that Inter are interested in Sanchez. Di Marzio is now reporting that Inter have reached an agreement with Sanchez and are in talks with United. 

Edited by Consigliere

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

I wouldn't be too worried about Arsenal. Yeah, their attack is class but their defence is dodgy and the game is at Anfield which makes a big difference. Liverpool have been practically unbeatable at home under Klopp. 

This. Arsenal’s desire to play out of the back at all times will be their undoing. Burnley put a ton of pressure on them; Liverpool will do infinitely worse.

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

ETA. Romano reported earlier in the day that Inter are interested in Sanchez. Di Marzio is now reporting that Inter have reached an agreement with Sanchez and are in talks with United. 

That’s a convenient escape for United.  I was looking forward to them carrying that contract to completion, and poisoning every other contract negotiation. 

Unsure whether it's wise to get rid of Alexis now though. Lukaku's gone, Greenwood & Chong are youth, Mata's old and Lingard is Lingard, so we are incredibly short in our forward options. Apparently we aren't gonna sign anyone until next summer, so even if we keep him one more season, he isn't gonna poison anything, right ?

Posted (edited)

It's a loan deal and if Inter's terms are even somewhat decent then I say we should accept. Sanchez is clearly not in Solskjaer's plans and if he ends up sitting on the bench for the bulk of the season then he will be unsellable. At least at Inter he would be given more game time and might perform better in a slower paced league which gives us a chance of offloading him next summer.

It's a risk with Lukaku gone as well but one worth taking imo. Sanchez has been useless for us. If players like Greenwood, Gomes and Chong end up doing fuck all as well then they would be no worse than Sanchez and all those players combined don't earn anywhere near Sanchez's wage. 

Edited by Consigliere

I'm predicting Pulisic gets his first goal today against Leicester. I'm also predicting Brenden Rogers says some crazy shit at some point during his postgame interview, but that's not going out on a limb much ;) 

CFC should be 2-1 down, at the very least. Leicester all over them atm

There's been a couple moments where he's got a bit cocky but James Maddison has absolutely bossed this second half.

I remember a year ago when we were wondering where England were going to find creativity outside of Raheem Sterling. Now we're getting close to wondering how they're gonna fit everyone in.

I want cfc to lose but Tammy to score. This is a conundrum

Leicester dominated that 2nd half. Chelsea were hanging on towards the end there. Chelsea were the better side in the first half and could have had more than the one goal. Draw is a fair result.