Dating Thread: "Pain, disorder, occasional clarity"

Datepalm

Random as fuck to be writing in here, but I may have sparked an old lead. Made it a point to respond to people on FB that I haven't spoken to in a while, and realized I never got back to this super cute chick who hit me up years ago. We ended up talking for a while, seems like she's back in town and she sent me another long flirty message this morning.

When we can finally go out and about, I think I know what I might try first. :leer:

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Random as fuck to be writing in here, but I may have sparked an old lead. Made it a point to respond to people on FB that I haven't spoken to in a while, and realized I never got back to this super cute chick who hit me up years ago. We ended up talking for a while, seems like she's back in town and she sent me another long flirty message this morning.

When we can finally go out and about, I think I know what I might try first. :leer:

Why wait?  Invite her to your favorite Zorgy* and see how things work out.  Keep it super casual by a lunchtime Zorgy instead of an after dinner one.  

*Zoom orgy

5 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Why wait?  Invite her to your favorite Zorgy* and see how things work out.  Keep it super casual by a lunchtime Zorgy instead of an after dinner one.  

*Zoom orgy

Oh sweet Larry. I once fucked a woman in front of some 20 odd strangers and a few friends, having met all the former within an hour of this. 

It was a Tuesday in college for me (I actually think it was a Saturday, but it makes no difference). 

So, um, despite arguing that governments need to just say stop having sex, especially if you're not partners, erm,

Cool if I break this, like maybe one to five times? Because it's not even regarding the cute lady mentioned above. 

Also, @Rippounet, some Frenchman you are. Hah! I challenge you to a duel! Of course, due to respectful social distancing, do you have a copy of RDR2? :P

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have been using the quarantine as an opportunity to educate our children, an example of how abstinence till marriage isn't so old fashioned or impossible.  Our two oldest have a touch of rebelliousness, and have been arguing that my wife and I are hypocrites.

We've tried different approaches.  We tried talking about STDs, pregnancy and deadbeat dads, urinary tract infections, identity theft, date rape, you name it.  We tried a good-cop bad-cop routine, which looking back, backfired I think.  They said it's not fair that my wife and I get to have sex anytime we want but that they have to wait years.  I said sex isn't a big deal and that they aren't missing out on anything special.  And now my wife won't talk to me or let me "make it up to her".  I am at my wit's end.  I just want it all to go back to normal.

For some reason I started the day stumbling across an article about dating in times of Covid-19... that for some reason started with two paragraphs full of quotations of studies showing how people who don't regularly touch other people have increased stress levels and die younger.

I... feel somewhat attacked there...

10 hours ago, TheMightyKC said:

My wife and I have been using the quarantine as an opportunity to educate our children, an example of how abstinence till marriage isn't so old fashioned or impossible.  Our two oldest have a touch of rebelliousness, and have been arguing that my wife and I are hypocrites.

We've tried different approaches.  We tried talking about STDs, pregnancy and deadbeat dads, urinary tract infections, identity theft, date rape, you name it.  We tried a good-cop bad-cop routine, which looking back, backfired I think.  They said it's not fair that my wife and I get to have sex anytime we want but that they have to wait years.  I said sex isn't a big deal and that they aren't missing out on anything special.  And now my wife won't talk to me or let me "make it up to her".  I am at my wit's end.  I just want it all to go back to normal.

Best post ever, whether it’s performance art or not.

Edit: I have idea how I ended up in this thread. :leaving:

12 hours ago, TheMightyKC said:

identity theft

Of course, identity theft is the thing I am most worried about when I go on a first date with somebody.

4 hours ago, Toth said:

For some reason I started the day stumbling across an article about dating in times of Covid-19... that for some reason started with two paragraphs full of quotations of studies showing how people who don't regularly touch other people have increased stress levels and die younger.

I... feel somewhat attacked there...

Being touch-starved is very unpleasant. I even miss giving a hug to my friends now that I cannot see anybody.

God I never thought it’d be a good thing to be an already touch starved weirdo before this all began :lol: life is just business as usual for me...of course I’m being facetious really...I had literally just signed up to dating sites and was feeling really great about my appearance lately and just when I’m feeling real good the universe does this. Obviously to attack me. No really though sending love and genuine good thoughts to everyone struggling. I just want to hug my friends tbh 

26 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

God I never thought it’d be a good thing to be an already touch starved weirdo before this all began :lol: life is just business as usual for me...of course I’m being facetious really...I had literally just signed up to dating sites and was feeling really great about my appearance lately and just when I’m feeling real good the universe does this. Obviously to attack me. No really though sending love and genuine good thoughts to everyone struggling. I just want to hug my friends tbh 

:grouphug:  Best I can do. 

34 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Hah! Similar experience here. Two events in the past months, shortly before the pandemic madness, have made me realise I can actually be seen as attractive and interesting by the members of the opposite sex, and I have resolved myself to being more open to new opportunities to meet people, two friends have even encouraged me to try a dating site/app (I haven't gathered the courage to do it yet, and I have no reliable information on how reliable and spread the use of such services is in my country). And then I spend the next however long this is going to take stuck at home with no opportunities to meet new people whatsoever. :lol:

:grouphug: Sending at least a virtual one to you.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Of course, identity theft is the thing I am most worried about when I go on a first date with somebody.

It's a real thing and it happens.  My wife and I have a power point slide about it in our marriage workshop (also open to couples who are engaged).

Hope you all get some hugs soon, I sure could use one right now.  I've spent the last 36 hours in the den, flipping through old photo albums and binge watching Growing Pains.  I miss Alan Thicke so much.  He always knew exactly how to let you know that even though you messed up, that if you could admit and understand your mistake and try to learn from it, that you would be welcomed back inside the circle of trust, and everything would be ok.  Like walking into a warm building after a long cold walk.  You're safe now. 

We have a Zoom marriage workshop scheduled for the end of next week and I don't know what we're going to do.  I asked my wife if we could reschedule it and she just stared at me and then left the room.  Maybe we could incorporate this, a sort of "What Not to Say to Your Wife".  I suppose that's maybe a PP slide or two and anything more would be a gimmick.  

Going to flip the tube back on and see if Alan Thicke has any wisdom to help me out.

you probably should've included organ theft, intellectual property infringement, antiquities trafficking, and fissile material theft in your powerpoint, had you cared about the fate of unwed virgins during global thermonuclear warfare, inter alia.

How's the $ in the marriage workshop biz?  I'm quarantining with my roommate, who has also been my girlfriend twice, recently broken up again, and we've always been better roommates when we aren't together.  I feel like, especially in this economy, we could have an Aureliano Segundo-style cash cow giving advice on how to live with your ex.

Archived