Dating Thread: "Pain, disorder, occasional clarity"

Datepalm

17 hours ago, sologdin said:

you probably should've included organ theft, intellectual property infringement, antiquities trafficking, and fissile material theft in your powerpoint, had you cared about the fate of unwed virgins during global thermonuclear warfare, inter alia.

These sound like Problems that Liberals have the World, not problems young people are likely to experience with Premarital Sex.

7 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

How's the $ in the marriage workshop biz?  I'm quarantining with my roommate, who has also been my girlfriend twice, recently broken up again, and we've always been better roommates when we aren't together.  I feel like, especially in this economy, we could have an Aureliano Segundo-style cash cow giving advice on how to live with your ex.

It is profitable enough to allow us a Modest Income.  I've essentially retired from my previous occupation of Acting.

34 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

It is profitable enough to allow us a Modest Income.  I've essentially retired from my previous occupation of Acting.

May I just say that use of Capitalization ala an 18th century commander of a Seagoing Vessel writing letters to one's Distant Questionably Faithful Beloved is my favorite part. Bravo.

1 hour ago, Datepalm said:

May I just say that use of Capitalization ala an 18th century commander of a Seagoing Vessel writing letters to one's Distant Questionably Faithful Beloved is my favorite part. Bravo.

Thank you! I saw it in a book and thought it was Really Neat!  It is so much Fun!

12 hours ago, sologdin said:

option 2: take KC's pre-marital sex class.

The way That Conversation has been going with our own kids lately, I'm probably Not The One who should be Teaching the Abstinence.  I'll stick to counselling married couples.  

22 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maybe there's still a chance with option 1.

I really need to cut my hair though. First time went well, but it may be time to bust out my clippers. Or just grow my hair out... 

We do talk about the importance of personal Grooming and Hygiene, both for self-care and comfort, and for the comfort and senses of your partner.  

Wife and I are talking but it's mostly Just Pleasantries and I'm still Sleeping On The Couch.  Finished Growing Pains and onto Seventh Heaven.  I've been meditating on various possibilities for Date Night to try to re-establish Intimacy and Trust.  So far, I have picnic in the park as the best option, but there are So Many Dogs there recently and they could Realistically Ruin our Picnic.  

26 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

The way That Conversation has been going with our own kids lately, I'm probably Not The One who should be Teaching the Abstinence.  I'll stick to counselling married couples.  

We do talk about the importance of personal Grooming and Hygiene, both for self-care and comfort, and for the comfort and senses of your partner.  

Wife and I are talking but it's mostly Just Pleasantries and I'm still Sleeping On The Couch.  Finished Growing Pains and onto Seventh Heaven.  I've been meditating on various possibilities for Date Night to try to re-establish Intimacy and Trust.  So far, I have picnic in the park as the best option, but there are So Many Dogs there recently and they could Realistically Ruin our Picnic.  

Why live, then? 

On 5/4/2020 at 6:58 AM, sologdin said:

option 2: take KC's pre-marital sex class.

Option 3: The cute blonde with great eyes and, well, we'll keep it appropriate. 

There are a lot of of single (and frankly, married and sad) people who want to hook up when it's seen as okay to do so. I joked at the start of this that governments need to tell people to not have sex. Would it shock anyone if that's how a second wave started?

I'm also going to break the rules though. You only live once.

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

How do you mean that?

From my experiences, as a man whore, people like to talk a big game but are afraid to jump into bed. It's been getting worse over time, and it's actively annoying during these modern times. Understandable in many situations, I get it, but still.

13 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Things can happen that make someone go from horny to unhorny.

No shit, but some swings can leave your jaw dropped. And I'm not pretending to be completely innocent. 

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

From my experiences, as a man whore, people like to talk a big game but are afraid to jump into bed. It's been getting worse over time, and it's actively annoying during these modern times. Understandable in many situations, I get it, but still.

I will take your word for it. I cannot say I have experience with that. A person who would talk big game wouldn't have a chance with me to start with, because it would come across as cocky to me, and I don't like that.

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's never too late to start saving yourself until marriage.  You can have your Virginity back right now if you want.  Trust me when I say it was Worth It.

Archived