Dating Thread: "Pain, disorder, occasional clarity"

Datepalm

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I will take your word for it. I cannot say I have experience with that. A person who would talk big game wouldn't have a chance with me to start with, because it would come across as cocky to me, and I don't like that.

Many people would describe me as extremely cocky or arrogant. I just view it as supreme confidence, because I am also one to be the first to admit what I don't know or can't do.

34 minutes ago, TheMightyKC said:

It's never too late to start saving yourself until marriage.  You can have your Virginity back right now if you want.  Trust me when I say it was Worth It.

Why the fuck would I do anything as stupid as this? Sex is literally the best thing in life. It's better with a committed partner, sure, but random hook ups and flings are fun too.

Then I get to play my favorite game in life. :devil:

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Nah, I agree with Tywin. In a way, I am envious of such confidence. :P 

Confidence is simply an illusion. You just have to learn how to create it, in what ever form works for you.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Confidence is simply an illusion. You just have to learn how to create it, in what ever form works for you.

Oh, I know this, no worries. In fact, I am working on it, and I must say I am more confident now than I was a few years ago, so the new people I have met recently cannot believe I still think of myself as shy/I used to be shy.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh, I know this, no worries. In fact, I am working on it, and I must say I am more confident now than I was a few years ago, so the new people I have met recently cannot believe I still think of myself as shy/I used to be shy.

You can be confident and shy at the same time. It's a quiet confidence.

I just developed the mindset early on that if I wanted to charm a cute woman at a party, I first have to charm all the men, and to do so requires you to be a gregarious social butterfly, which takes a bit more forward confidence. 

4 hours ago, Rippounet said:

Am curious. How does this work?

Since non-virginity can be described as having had the experience and thus having the knowledge of having had sex, I am envisioning some kind of targeted, induced amnesia, that only erases the memories of sexual events. If you don't know it happened, then it never happened, right?

Of course I have no medical knowledge, but I still doubt this is at all possible.

9 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Since non-virginity can be described as having had the experience and thus having the knowledge of having had sex, I am envisioning some kind of targeted, induced amnesia, that only erases the memories of sexual events. If you don't know it happened, then it never happened, right?

So... drinking so much booze that you eventually forget you ever had sex?

11 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

So... drinking so much booze that you eventually forget you ever had sex?

I was about to suggest a brick to the forehead, but I guess that could work as well.

I don’t know what rules look like where you’re from but If you were breaking restrictions and putting yourself and others at risk just to have a hookup during a global pandemic then that’s kinda...I don’t know, I don’t want to be a bitch. But I do roll my eyes a bit. 

How does this work?

milton, in 'comus' (ll. 205-20), provides guidance on how one creates an internal diremption that permits this precise process to unfold:

A thousand fantasies 
Begin to throng into my memory
Of calling shapes and beckning shadows dire,
And airy tongues, that syllable mens names
On Sands, and Shoars, and desert Wildernesses.
These thoughts may startle well, but not astound 
The vertuous mind, that ever walks attended
By a strong siding champion Conscience.——
O welcom pure-ey'd Faith, white-handed Hope,
Thou hov'ring Angel girt with golden wings,
And thou unblemish't form of Chastity, 
I see ye visibly, and now beleeve
That he, the Supreme good, t' whom all things ill
Are but as slavish officers of vengeance,
Would send a glistring Guardian if need were
To keep my life and honour unassail'd.

it seems cogitation on a platonist form of chastity will defeat mere shadows dire, which includes hard fucking on sands and shores and desert wildernesses. 

10 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I don’t know what rules look like where you’re from but If you were breaking restrictions and putting yourself and others at risk just to have a hookup during a global pandemic then that’s kinda...I don’t know, I don’t want to be a bitch. But I do roll my eyes a bit. 

Hey now Theda, I did say months ago that governments need to just be blunt and tell people to stop fucking.

But I think it's all past that now. If talking and breathing can leave this virus on surfaces for three to five days, what's the point? 

Like, let's take this to a bit of an extreme. Say I know a pretty woman and want to put my tongue in the holiest of holy spaces, and she wants me to. Then she confirms to me she doesn't have any STDs.

That's safer than touching anything at a grocery store, no?

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first bad date. We spoke on the phone for one hour and sent all of 4 conversational messages between the two of us prior to speaking over the phone. He made long range plans for things we would do in the future by the end of the call. It was like he was already thinking we would become a couple. I just feel sort of bad bemoaning this all since I pretty much went with the flow during the call. I didn't quite know what I thought at the time, and it's in my nature to be agreeable. Wish I'd just said I didn't know about what he was proposing... I'll just use this a learning experience I guess.

I do feel he was trying to use me --  I mean, we'd just barely began talking and hadn't even seen each other in person whilst he was already making far out plans for us. Like, he was trying to get a girlfriend asap?? Anyway, the suddenness of it all did make me uncomfortable. It's over now though.

Archived