Where were all the flammables?

In the previous episode, the forces of the living had no flammable defenses like burning oil, pitch/tar. The wights go up in flames like dry shrubs, yet nobody thinks to use these. And yet in Episode 4, there were enough pyres to go around, so lack of supply wasn't an excuse. 

And it would have had a cool effect, just watch somebody throwing a torch into the wight hordes and seeing a massive amount of the undead go up in flames. How's that for a visual, D&D?

• 6 months later...
On 8/11/2019 at 12:19 PM, Angel Eyes said:

In the previous episode, the forces of the living had no flammable defenses like burning oil, pitch/tar. The wights go up in flames like dry shrubs, yet nobody thinks to use these. And yet in Episode 4, there were enough pyres to go around, so lack of supply wasn't an excuse. 

And it would have had a cool effect, just watch somebody throwing a torch into the wight hordes and seeing a massive amount of the undead go up in flames. How's that for a visual, D&D?

To me it felt like they just wanted as much sword fighting as possible instead of sword fighting being a last resort. It was insane that the characters were all for fighting 1 v 1 instead of having burning trenches, full use of archers, etc.

4 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

To me it felt like they just wanted as much sword fighting as possible instead of sword fighting being a last resort. It was insane that the characters were all for fighting 1 v 1 instead of having burning trenches, full use of archers, etc.

And they weren't even pairing off to fight 1v1.

• 11 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, Ghostlydragon said:

I wish I could have seen all those sword fights. If only they talked to the cinematographer about lighting....

Archived