College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

Rhom

21 hours ago, Rhom said:

@Ded As Ned I hate to be that guy... but I’m ready for basketball already.

A lot of us are in that same boat. 

I'm doubful that either Bama or Clemson is the best team this year. Clemson is too inconsistent offensively, and Bama has no depth on defense, which is something I never thought I'd say about a Nick Saban team. I think Auburn and LSU both stand a pretty good chance of beating them in the regular season.

2 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

A lot of us are in that same boat. 

I'm doubful that either Bama or Clemson is the best team this year. Clemson is too inconsistent offensively, and Bama has no depth on defense, which is something I never thought I'd say about a Nick Saban team. I think Auburn and LSU both stand a pretty good chance of beating them in the regular season.

I am curious about Clemson.  Their best win is over aTm... who just barely beat Arkansas this weekend.

All this talk of the California law has me excited about the possibility of a return for the EA Sports NCAA Football franchise.  However, I know that will be complicated. Its one thing when we think of this as Kash Daniel getting an endorsement deal for the local Bass Pro Shop or Devin Booker smiling in front of a local car wash "For those times you just have to get saliva off your door handle" but on large scale things like video game likenesses, there would likely need to be some sort of collective bargaining process. How do you get the third string quarterback from Colorado State his endorsement money while also covering Tua? You can’t individually work out compensation for every player, so there would need to be a mass program in place.

ETA:  I copied over my comment from a UK board and realized a couple of references may not carryover well here.  :lol:  Daniel is currently on UK's football team and is also on the school bass fishing team (who even knew those existed????) and it was famously a thing around Lexington in 2014-2015 for college girls to take pictures licking Booker's car.  :dunno: 

On 10/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, Rhom said:

All this talk of the California law has me excited about the possibility of a return for the EA Sports NCAA Football franchise.  However, I know that will be complicated. Its one thing when we think of this as Kash Daniel getting an endorsement deal for the local Bass Pro Shop or Devin Booker smiling in front of a local car wash "For those times you just have to get saliva off your door handle" but on large scale things like video game likenesses, there would likely need to be some sort of collective bargaining process. How do you get the third string quarterback from Colorado State his endorsement money while also covering Tua? You can’t individually work out compensation for every player, so there would need to be a mass program in place.

ETA:  I copied over my comment from a UK board and realized a couple of references may not carryover well here.  :lol:  Daniel is currently on UK's football team and is also on the school bass fishing team (who even knew those existed????) and it was famously a thing around Lexington in 2014-2015 for college girls to take pictures licking Booker's car.  :dunno: 

Let the market settle it out. The ones who can get deals will and those who can't won't. The other thing this may do is make kids decide to go to a smaller school where they can be the starter instead of going to Alabama to be the 2nd or 3rd string player and no endorsement money since there are stars in front of you. At a smaller school they could get the playing time and endorsement deals? Just a thought.

As to the Bass teams, i had the same thing last year. Adrian College is a small/small private school in a small town in Michigan and yet they have a NCAA Bass team complete with scholarships???? I saw the boat/team out by me, near Lake Erie and was like WTF. So I looked it up and yep it's a thing.

I watched Kentucky physically manhandle Florida until the coaching staff pissed down their own pants leg and blew it in the fourth quarter.

Since then, Kentucky has sleptwalked through two awful games and Florida beat Auburn... I have no clue what’s going on in this life.

I thought South Carolina was hot garbage (still kind of suspect they are...) but that was a heckuva win today over Georgia.  Really opens up the SEC East race for a minute for Florida... but I expect them to take a loss to LSU tonight.

Dont know what to expect from Kentucky tonight.  Receiver Lynn Bowden is likely to start at QB, he’s a great athlete but this game could be ugly.

2 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Vanderbilt might be the worst SEC team in my lifetime. So much for Derek Mason.

I have witnessed some Kentucky teams that could challenge for that title.

LSU, CLEMSON, OKLAHOMA, and WISCONSIN for the Bowl Champ Playoffs would be cool.

Piss on the Buckeyes and Crimson Tide they are like boring monopolies at this point I want to see someone new get the Trophy. Although Clemson has won recently too.

I predict Wisconsin takes Buckeyes down and LSU takes down Alabama, there we have the makings of a decent season for a change. Nothing worse than these dynastic bastards winning every single season year after year.

Archived