College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

Rhom

42 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Is Wisconsin likely to go to the Rose Bowl for the Big 10?  

Either way, Oregon getting to go Rose Bowl but avoiding tOSU might be preferable to getting smacked in the playoff if they can win in Pasadena.  

I think that’s likely.  And I agree that’s a far preferable match up.

And does anyone think Oklahoma would be a viable match up for a number one LSU/tOSU?  I don’t see any argument for expanding the playoff when the best option for the fourth team might be Georgia or a two loss Alabama.

20 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I think the odds are they give SEC two slots and the B12 gets screwed again but who knows till the voting comes out.

That will depend on how Georgia looks against LSU.  Maybe a close Georgia loss gets them in.  But definitely a close Georgia win gets them and LSU in.

And if your mandate is to get the four best teams in, I don’t think that’s a result that can be argued.

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I think the odds are they give SEC two slots and the B12 gets screwed again but who knows till the voting comes out.

If Georgia loses there is a .00001% chance they get in. How could they keep out a 1 loss B12 champ and put in a 2 loss non conference champ? Only reasoning would be sec sec sec sec...

10 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

If utah had beaten Oregon 37-15 do you think they make it over oklahoma assuming everything stays the same? 

Hard to say.  I think so.  Oklahoma was kind of seen as “Meh” and then they didn’t dominate Baylor.  :dunno:

22 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Could have brought Alabama back. :laugh:

But Wisconsin gave it their best. 

I think all that would have happened would have been to shuffle tOSU to third and bring in OU at 4.

Wouldnt have mattered at all.  3 Clemson v 2 tOSU is what we’re going to get.  Would have changed Jersey colors if we had 2 Clemson v 3 tOSU.  :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I think all that would have happened would have been to shuffle tOSU to third and bring in OU at 4.

Wouldnt have mattered at all.  3 Clemson v 2 tOSU is what we’re going to get.  Would have changed Jersey colors if we had 2 Clemson v 3 tOSU.  :lol: 

I think OSU is staying #1. LSU v Clemson it will be.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I think OSU is staying #1. LSU v Clemson it will be.

Just about every talking head I’ve seen thinks LSU moves up.  I tend to agree.  The dominant performance against the fourth ranked team combined with tOSU sleep walking through the first half drops the buckeyes one slot and sends them to the west coast where no fans want to travel.

(Seriously, until the PAC Whatever wakes up and plays football again; all semifinals should be played in the south/Midwest.)

13 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Norvell to FSU almost officially done and Kiffin to Ole Miss too.

Great hire for FSU I think.  It stunned me when I started hearing that the state of FSU’s facilities was a major stumbling block to hiring a coach.

Archived