College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

Rhom

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sounds like the Big Ten might reverse course tonight, despite the vote from last week to keep it shut down. 

This whole thing has been a debacle.  They thought the rest of the conferences would follow them, and when they didn’t... they come back with their tail between their legs.

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

This whole thing has been a debacle.  They thought the rest of the conferences would follow them, and when they didn’t... they come back with their tail between their legs.

Well the Pac-12 did follow, but they were ready to jump too. The problem is many of these schools heavily rely on the revenue generated by their football teams, and a result of no season, or even a delayed one, would be the suspension and maybe ending of several other athletic programs. Especially if worst case scenarios are true and this fucks up next year's season too.

The disturbing thing, from a cynical standpoint, is that I'm in the group that thinks some of these schools are trying to bring their student bodies back so they can better justify starting up the season again. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Quijote Light said:

I think his knee might have been down before he got in. And no, I’m not an Auburn or SEC fan. 

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I agree. Kentucky fans never will though.

Here’s the counter to that.  If your argument is that his knee was down, then the ball would correctly be placed at about the one and a half yard line for the next play.  

However, the officials placed it at the half yard line which would imply forward progress was halted short of the line.

The Kentucky RB tackled from behind while showboating, then they fumble at the goal line. Classic. Although Ole Miss can’t slow down their run game at all beside that. Missed xp in OT! Yikes.

FSU big comeback victory against... Jacksonville St. Fucking hell do I miss the Bowden years. 

ETA: We need @Rhom‘s reaction. Over 400 yards rushing and lose. 

Gotta see if there's vid of a showboating rb tackled from behind.....

I think it'll show up here?

What a dick, this is why God gave HC's the "Snake/Stairs" punishment to use on slackers:D

Now gotta find the Kentucky video:D

It's in this article-https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/kentucky-ole-miss-asim-rose-peace-sign-early-celebration-tackle

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

The Kentucky RB tackled from behind while showboating, then they fumble at the goal line. Classic. Although Ole Miss can’t slow down their run game at all beside that. Missed xp in OT! Yikes.

FSU big comeback victory against... Jacksonville St. Fucking hell do I miss the Bowden years. 

ETA: We need @Rhom‘s reaction. Over 400 yards rushing and lose. 

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Gotta see if there's vid of a showboating rb tackled from behind.....

I think it'll show up here?

What a dick, this is why God gave HC's the "Snake/Stairs" punishment to use on slackers:D

Now gotta find the Kentucky video:D

It's in this article-https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/kentucky-ole-miss-asim-rose-peace-sign-early-celebration-tackle

Fucking kickers man...  when you’ve got a good one, you can win games you shouldn’t.  When you’ve got a bad one though... wooof.

We were driving down to Florida for fall break today.  I gotta say, iOS 14 is pretty damn sweet.  I had the game running Picture in Picture from my ESPN App while.  Took up about a third of my screen while my favorite UK message board and my keyboard took up the other 2/3.

My wife was driving.  Rose broke that long run and I told her “7-7... oh wait.  Shoot.  He got tackled at the five for showboating.” :bang:

I was worried about Miss St last week... they put up 600 passing yards on LSU.  But then they go and lose to Arkansas today. :dunno:

The Pirate giveth and the Pirate taketh away.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:21 PM, Rhom said:

I was worried about Miss St last week... they put up 600 passing yards on LSU.  But then they go and lose to Arkansas today. :dunno:

The Pirate giveth and the Pirate taketh away.

This time last week, Leach was the runaway coach of the year, their QB was leading the Heisman race, and MSU was a darkhorse title contender. 

Today Leach is a terrible hire who can't recruit and will never escape mediocrity, the QB is a noodle-armed chump and the team will be lucky to go bowling. 

Gotta love MSU fans.  :lmao:

Archived