Rhom

College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Geezus if they don't get their shit together on Offense they won't stand a chance this year. They looked pathetic against Army.

Oh it's was painful to watch. They will get smoked by Wisconsin in two weeks.

Hoping my ESPN+ subscription works.  :dunno: 

Kickoff in Lexington!  Let’s go Cayts!!!!!

Has anyone here been to a Maryland home game? Some friends and I are planning a road trip for the Nov 2nd Michigan-Maryland game and was looking for 1st hand info on tailgating within fat old man walking distance of the stadium. I've been doing some googling but 1st hand info is preferred.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

They are looking good so far

Damn.  We had that thing won.  Dominating both lines of scrimmage.  Knock out Feleipe Franks likely for the year.  And then it’s all downhill from there.

Shit.

FSU getting crushed in the 4th again, while committing 5 fucking personal fouls in the quarter.

#FireTaggart

ETA: The perfect ending. Either spike the ball and stop the clock to go over one play to get in from the five... or panic and do a direct snap to the RB. Guess which one these geniuses picked?

Edited by Ramsay B.

Pac-12 actually eked out a solid win with You Play to Win the Game beating Michigan State in East Lansing 10-7.  Arizona looks likely to hang on against Texas Tech which is not a bad win.

USC's break-out QB from last week had OK overall numbers but three picks including a crucial OT pick and so lost @ BYU.

UCLA lost in the Rose Bowl 41-14 or something thereabouts to OU.  First back-to-back 0-3 starts for UCLA since 1921.  Not a typo.  As much as they don't seem like a program of any note at the moment I think that stat also somewhat helps show just how much they have also rarely been a doormat.  

23 hours ago, dbunting said:

Has anyone here been to a Maryland home game? Some friends and I are planning a road trip for the Nov 2nd Michigan-Maryland game and was looking for 1st hand info on tailgating within fat old man walking distance of the stadium. I've been doing some googling but 1st hand info is preferred.

Yeah, I went once...although, it has to be 7 or 8 years ago.  As I recall, we parked in a parking garage on campus and walked to the stadium.  This was back when they were in the ACC, and my Hokies were still doing decent.  We outnumbered their fans by a fair amount.  I don't know how many fans they get at a game these days, but this past weekend probably brought them back down to reality.

So, really, I don't have any specific info for you...I just recall it not being that hard to find parking with a 15 minute walk of the stadium.

2 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Yeah, I went once...although, it has to be 7 or 8 years ago.  As I recall, we parked in a parking garage on campus and walked to the stadium.  This was back when they were in the ACC, and my Hokies were still doing decent.  We outnumbered their fans by a fair amount.  I don't know how many fans they get at a game these days, but this past weekend probably brought them back down to reality.

So, really, I don't have any specific info for you...I just recall it not being that hard to find parking with a 15 minute walk of the stadium.

I was looking at their attendance and ticket availability and it looks easy to get seats. Only getting around 30k a game and it seats 50k plus. Going to spend a day in DC while in town also.

I'm surprised nobody has posted this hilarious highlight:

The Gopher game had a wild ending. MN was up eight with six minutes to go. Their FG attempt gets blocked and returned. On their next series the QB gets stripped sacked and it's returned again for a TD. Then, with two minutes left, they drive the length of the field for a TD with like no time left, winning by three. That's what sports is all about baby! 

USC beat Utah tonight in a pretty good game where their 3rd string pre-season starter who lit up Stanford got concussed first drive, so pre-season 4th QB came in.  Threw for quite a few yards and TD's and got the win.  He really relied on just tossing it up to two great WR's who made plays all night.  

Michigan just can't seem to win the big games in the Harbaugh era. Imagine how many rushing yards Jonathan Taylor would have by now if not for muscle cramps?

4 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Michigan just can't seem to win the big games in the Harbaugh era. Imagine how many rushing yards Jonathan Taylor would have by now if not for muscle cramps?

And there was a little bit of "He's found his quartereback in Shea Patterson" at the beginning of last year which seems like a joke now.  So weird how Harbaugh could be so good at Stanford and not even move the needle at Michigan and Kelly could be four BCS games in four years at Oregon and be one of the worst coaches in the game at UCLA, but that is almost how it's looking.  For next Fall's recruiting class UCLA is currently getting ranked like 60 something in the nation.  That is insanely bad.  So when you see their utter shit on the field this year, help is not on the way.  

Cal wins @ Ole Miss after also having beaten Washington in Seattle to go to 4-0.  Nice win for the conference and maybe team that's defying expectations.  

Edited by Triskele

UK Football... Making back up QBs look like Tim Tebow since 1880.