College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

Rhom

Sucks to lose the 15 year streak over UVa.  Especially irritating because we knew they only had one real threat on their team - the QB - and we still let him beat us.

I take some consolation in that they'll be the sacrificial lamb to Clemson rather that us...but I still would have rather made it year 16.

11 hours ago, Rhom said:

Three SEC coaches down after Matt Luke gets fired... who’s next?

My money is on Muschamp.

I agree. I'm still shocked SC ever hired Muschamp. The bizarre win over UGA looks like a total outlier. 

This looks like the year to get an up and coming head coach, as there look to be few openings at top tier jobs. 

On 11/30/2019 at 7:31 PM, Triskele said:

ETA:  Didn't get to watch any of tOSU throttling Michigan but was hardly surprised to see the score.  I'm kind of under the impression that you cannot stay coach at Michigan if you lost literally every year to tOSU, and Harbaugh is now 0-5.  And it's not like MIchigan is just doing great elsewhere and just coming up short in the big rivalry, but they've just kind of been an OK, 8-3-ish team all the time.  Do they let him stay just because he's Harbaugh?  ETA2:  Harbaugh did not handle the post-game very well in a way that I thought made him look pretty bad.  

Yeah even those of us who are slappy fans are close to calling for a change. I am sure he coaches here again next year. Patterson just wasn't who he was built up to be, he was an absolute turnover machine this year, 11 fumbles and 6 int this year, can't win like that. 

There was one shocker in that game. Chase Young was basically irrelevant, I figured he would get 3 sacks. 

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Washington's Chris Peterson to step down after the year.  Really did not see that one coming.  Pretty good six years there and definitely brought them back to a relevance that they'd not had for ages with Rose Bowl appearances and several notable NFL players.  Will be quite curious to see how that opening looks to the coaching market.  

Is there any chance that Urban Meyer would consider going there if it's true that USC won't take him?  

They've already filled the opening with the DC, someone Lake something. I don't think they're doing a coaching search, and Petersen is apparently hanging out and acting as an athletic adviser. Basically I think he's done with the bullshit.

Coaching carousel rumors -

All signs point to Mike Norvell for Florida State, which would be a great deal for both. He's a true innovator, arguably the best young offensive mind in the game right now. 

And momentum appears to be building between Ole Miss and...Lane Kiffin. As if the world needed more reasons to laugh at us.  :rolleyes:   

I'm more amused than annoyed that my Utes completely blew it.  Not sure whether that means they were always overrated, or just had the misfortune to choke at the end of the season this time. It seemed like Oregon was just trampling over their defense, ostensibly the best defense in the Pac-12. Maybe they should schedule some tougher out-of-conference opponents next time.

Oh well, off to the Holiday Bowl. San Diego is a pretty nice place to be this time of the year. 

50 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. He will definitely inject interest and excitement into a program that desperately needs it. 

True.  But Kiffen in Oxford seems like a bad idea... 

Needing Oklahoma to take Baylor to the woodshed today.  Thought being that if they can drop them out of the top ten and Auburn can slide up, that starts a bowl cycle of events that could see Kentucky slide up to the Taxslayer (Gator) Bowl.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Needing Oklahoma to take Baylor to the woodshed today.  Thought being that if they can drop them out of the top ten and Auburn can slide up, that starts a bowl cycle of events that could see Kentucky slide up to the Taxslayer (Gator) Bowl.

That won't happen if Hurts keeps turning the ball over.

Archived