Sign in to follow this  
Rhom

College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

If utah had beaten Oregon 37-15 do you think they make it over oklahoma assuming everything stays the same? 

10 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

If utah had beaten Oregon 37-15 do you think they make it over oklahoma assuming everything stays the same? 

Hard to say.  I think so.  Oklahoma was kind of seen as “Meh” and then they didn’t dominate Baylor.  :dunno:

I just know that Herbie was talking up Utah's chances had they won.  

Now someone on TV suggested that Wisconsin would have as shot at leapfrogging OU if they pull this off, but that seems hard to believe as nice a win as it would be.  

Obviously not gonna happen at this point... but if a two loss team was gonna get in, it wasn’t going to be Wisconsin.

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Obviously not gonna happen at this point... but if a two loss team was gonna get in, it wasn’t going to be Wisconsin.

Could have brought Alabama back. :laugh:

But Wisconsin gave it their best. 

22 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Could have brought Alabama back. :laugh:

But Wisconsin gave it their best. 

I think all that would have happened would have been to shuffle tOSU to third and bring in OU at 4.

Wouldnt have mattered at all.  3 Clemson v 2 tOSU is what we’re going to get.  Would have changed Jersey colors if we had 2 Clemson v 3 tOSU.  :lol: 

Some fool in the late first half, like on the broadcast, uttered the words "this upset in the making."  lol

What a complete and utter domination in the 2nd half.

No idea who wins between tOSU and Clemson.

Norvell to FSU almost officially done and Kiffin to Ole Miss too.

Edited by Triskele

11 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I think all that would have happened would have been to shuffle tOSU to third and bring in OU at 4.

Wouldnt have mattered at all.  3 Clemson v 2 tOSU is what we’re going to get.  Would have changed Jersey colors if we had 2 Clemson v 3 tOSU.  :lol: 

I think OSU is staying #1. LSU v Clemson it will be.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I think OSU is staying #1. LSU v Clemson it will be.

Just about every talking head I’ve seen thinks LSU moves up.  I tend to agree.  The dominant performance against the fourth ranked team combined with tOSU sleep walking through the first half drops the buckeyes one slot and sends them to the west coast where no fans want to travel.

(Seriously, until the PAC Whatever wakes up and plays football again; all semifinals should be played in the south/Midwest.)

13 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Norvell to FSU almost officially done and Kiffin to Ole Miss too.

Great hire for FSU I think.  It stunned me when I started hearing that the state of FSU’s facilities was a major stumbling block to hiring a coach.

So am I supposed to hate Virginia Tech for a few weeks?  How does this work?  :lol:

@Triskele

Ole Miss / Oregon St series announced! :box:  Oxford in ‘27, Corvallis in ‘30. That is a trip I will definitely make. I’ve only ever been to the Portland area and I’ve always wanted to see other parts of the state.

5 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

@Triskele

Ole Miss / Oregon St series announced! :box:  Oxford in ‘27, Corvallis in ‘30. That is a trip I will definitely make. I’ve only ever been to the Portland area and I’ve always wanted to see other parts of the state.

Man, do they really schedule them this far out in advance?  

I have been marooned in LA for some time now but went to quite a slew of games in Corvalis once upon a time.  

What are the odds that Lane is still Ole Miss coach come 2027?  Impossible, isn't it? 

I wouldn't fear the 2027 Beavers too much.  The likeliest course from here is that Jonathan Smith continues an upward trajectory for three more years and takes a more prestigious job in 2023 and a new coach crashes and burns by 2026 and come that first game in Oxford you're facing a new coach taking over for the chump that followed Smith and failed.  

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

Man, do they really schedule them this far out in advance?  

I have been marooned in LA for some time now but went to quite a slew of games in Corvalis once upon a time.  

What are the odds that Lane is still Ole Miss coach come 2027?  Impossible, isn't it? 

I wouldn't fear the 2027 Beavers too much.  The likeliest course from here is that Jonathan Smith continues an upward trajectory for three more years and takes a more prestigious job in 2023 and a new coach crashes and burns by 2026 and come that first game in Oxford you're facing a new coach taking over for the chump that followed Smith and failed.  

I’m mostly hoping I’m still around and in good health by then. :lol:

Believe it or not, that isn’t the farthest out series we have scheduled. We’ve got a few names on future schedules out as far as the mid-2030s! It is a bit ridiculous; who knows how college sports will evolve between now and then.