College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

Rhom

8 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Well LSU is walking all over Oklahoma. What other viable options were there for #4?

None, really. And that's what happens some times. For all the people who want 8 teams, most years would be best served by two or maybe 3 teams. There have been cases for 4-5 teams at times, but 8 teams is often just ridiculous. 

Realistically, there's been what, maybe one year when it not Alabama or Clemson that should have been there playing each other. Maybe two - Ohio State in the first year, and then Georgia. For all the people who talk about how paying players will lead to massive disparity - that's where we are, right now, and it's only gotten worse with the playoffs. 

Utah should probably be happy too. And in a perfect world where Tua doesn't get hurt, Alabama would be the best competitive team to go in. But that's not what happened, and Auburn ruins everything. 

@HokieStone is your team generally this thuggish?  Or is this just special for us?!!?

Two days ago at Charlotte Motor Speedway they went Instagram live as they shouted some pretty bad stuff at Lynn Bowden and now just a few minutes ago, a gang of them just came up on him while he was warming up on the sidelines and one VT player took a haymaker swing at a UK assistant coach!!!

WTF dude! 

I feel like I need a clip of the manager from Rocky IV yelling “It’s supposed to be an exhibition!” :lol: 

12 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Story I've seen too many times...offense can't get the 2 score lead, and defense can't hold on to win it at the end.  Still pissed we were robbed of that interception since it turned into a Kentucky TD.

Heckuva game there.  Just slugging back and forth.  Kinda felt like whoever had the ball last would win.

Maybe we can meet again in another 30-40 years! :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I'm surprised. Michigan's offensive line has gotten the better of Alabama's defensive line.

They looked strong early, for sure.  Just too many mistakes to hang over the course of the game.

I think that every single Duck fan should be buying ASU fans beers, because going to the Rose bowl and having that win in that way was far, far, far better than being completely obliterated at the hands of LSU. 

Well the Michigan Alabama game was predictable. The way Patterson played was the same thing we had seen all season. Fumbles and bad throws. Michigan WR's were open on so many plays and he either didn't see them or badly over threw them.  It was laughable the way one announcer said that Patterson had taken care of the ball, c;early he hadn't watched Michigan play, the other announcer had to step in and say, well after the first half of the year he has been better. So he promptly throws two picks and fumbled twice, story of the season.

Archived