College Football 2019: Rise and Fall of the Transfer Portal QBs

Rhom

9 hours ago, Triskele said:

Chip Kelly's 2nd year QB was 8-24 with two really bad turnovers.  Long ways to go.  

UCLA made a couple of big plays, but apart from that looked dreadful. QB's results weren't all his fault - their OL made Cincinnati's pass rush look like the 85 Bears. I'm frankly shocked at the talent deficit on that team. 

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Man I hope we win this game. Memphis is the one team we play regularly that I least enjoy losing to (for obvious reasons) so I really hope all these youngsters show up today. 

ETA: on to basketball season then

Tennessee going down big to Georgia St at home, and just like that Jeremy Pruitt's coaching seat self-immolates. South Carolina gave up a big second half comeback to the fightin' Mack Browns too, and are on the verge of losing. So far the non-Bama SEC is looking even worse than predicted.

6 hours ago, Triskele said:

Extremely angry I can't watch FSU v. Boise State in this close 4th quarter right now.

Extremely annoyed I was able to watch that ending. I had to go out at halftime and Boise St. couldn’t even slow them down in the first 30. I don’t know what the fuck happened during the second half. Nothing like blowing two 18 point leads at home to start the season.

44 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

HOLY SHIT AUBURN!!!!!!!!!!

What an epic meltdown by Oregon.

Ouch

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

Someone on TV said 600+ yards given up.  

I mean FSU’s D looked shaky in the 1st half, but I just can’t believe they didn’t score once in the last 34 minutes. Boise St. must’ve made some crazy adjustments... or Taggert took over play-calling duty. :dunno:

17 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Tennessee going down big to Georgia St at home, and just like that Jeremy Pruitt's coaching seat self-immolates. South Carolina gave up a big second half comeback to the fightin' Mack Browns too, and are on the verge of losing. So far the non-Bama SEC is looking even worse than predicted.

FYI

3 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Yeah, extremely painful loss for Oregon.  Could have easily been up 28-3 instead of 14-6 with the dropped TD pass and missed FG plus the terrible unforced fumble that led to an Auburn huge return for a FG.  Really nice start for Herbert but then a ho-hum second half.  And not that they had a great chance on that final play, but they did have one shot at throwing it to the end zone from a reasonable distance and he throws it ten yards past.  WTF.  

Utah at least took care of BYU, but USC had a bit of a late scare at home against Fresno State.   Clay Helton has to be on hot seat watch like Taggert.  Baffling that he was ever the hire there and you know that there're plenty of USC people looking for the chance to get rid of him and get their guy.  

Kentucky fans are watching Taggart with trepidation.  Stoops was defensive coordinator there before he became our head coach.  If he can get us 9 wins again, I have to think the Noles come calling.

What the hell is Notre Dame doing here in Louisville?!!? :stunned: 

On Hurts... if he puts up crazy numbers like this all year, do you think he gets a fair shake at the Heisman?  Or do voters start to just attribute it to the system?

Archived