I guess the Starks will just die out?

Angel Eyes

I don't think one can take Sophie Turner's comments as implying anything about Sansa's fate in the books.

I've never really come to a conclusion as to why Elizabeth I failed to marry.  Granted, the love of her life was Robert Dudley, and there were various reasons why they could not marry, but I'm surprised that she did not wish to continue the Tudor dynasty.

I think that it would be very important to Sansa to keep the Stark name in existence, and there are no close relatives who could simply be adopted as Starks. She would surely marry to continue the dynasty.  

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

I don't think one can take Sophie Turner's comments as implying anything about Sansa's fate in the books.

I've never really come to a conclusion as to why Elizabeth I failed to marry.  Granted, the love of her life was Robert Dudley, and there were various reasons why they could not marry, but I'm surprised that she did not wish to continue the Tudor dynasty.

I think that it would be very important to Sansa to keep the Stark name in existence, and there are no close relatives who could simply be adopted as Starks. She would surely marry to continue the dynasty.  

Sansa was at least the product of a happy marriage. Whereas Elizabeth's father executed two of his wives (including Elizabeth's own mother) and two of her stepmothers died in childbirth. The marriages of her sister Mary 1 and her cousin the Queen of Scots were pretty disastrous, so maybe Elizabeth was wise not to marry. I don't think the same worries would apply to show Sansa who can always get powerful support from her royal brother if her husband tries to encroach on her power.

• 2 weeks later...

Sophie's comments aren't canon. They're just her interpretation. She's come up with some pretty crazy things before too.

GRRM will write whatever he thinks his best. 

That said, Sansa will end the series at 14-15 so unless there's a timeskip forward, there's no answer to whether Sansa will have children.

Also GRRM already confirmed that there are other Starks running around albeit very distant from the main branch so House Stark won't die out even if none of Ned's kids have children.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived